Street smart

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah butch, I was going to respond the same way, you beat me to it. I don't know what would happen if someone shot one of our dogs. They aren't just family, my sons and I use them for hunting and a lot of time has been dedicated to their training. A well trained dog then becomes a hunting companion and a valuable asset. As far as I'm concerned, if someone were to shoot one of our dogs I'd have to feel they wouldn't have a problem shooting me too so I'd have to make the first move.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unicorn said:
What are street smarts anyway.. :icon_scratch: please advise.. :hello:

This is it in a nutshell :laughing7:

packerbacker said:
I guess I'd be considered "country" for this exercise. "Streetsmart" to me means a city slicker's knowledge/awareness of all the negative, low-life happenings of city dwelling and how to either outdo the perps or avoid falling prey to their activity. Basically, "streetsmart" is a means of surviving in negative surroundings. Now, in the country, we don't have to be "streetsmart" for that type of survival, we just use something called "common sense" to get by. :icon_thumleft:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
ahhhh!! I should have guessed really. We say street wise over here. Just a play on words. Anyways, thank you.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The term "street wise" is also used here to mean the same as "street smart". It simply means you are aware of all the cons and hussles and who the good and bad guys are and how to protect yourself from becoming a victim or how to be the bad guy too.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Street Smarts...Speaking Of...The Drive by Shooting...Origionated Long Ago...See for Yourself...
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78CM3oItu1U&feature=player_detailpage#t=1s

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Most of us country folk have been to the 'towns' a time or two . Street smarts , for us , are simple :
(1) You come up my country road either you were invited and will be welcomed when you arrive , or
(2) You drove into my place uninvited to
Sell me magazines or Bibles
Try to change my religious preference or politics
Sell me storm windows , a roof or driveway paving job
Burglarize my home if I'm gone or strongarm rob me if i am there
Standard answer to #2 :
Yes , my dog bites . Do not exit your car . Turn at the end of my drive and leave .
Yes , this is a 12gauge , fully loaded with OObuck .
No , when the Sherrif I helped vote into office gets here I'll be the only one able to tell the story .

Country road smarts ? :tongue3:

Butch,

You hit the nail on the head!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread