48.5 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post mint damage, somebody took a special screwdriver(sorry, i forget the name), to the coin and punched it leaving an indentation. Hope this helps, but good eye! :icon_sunny:

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it looks like a punch of some sort definately hit this coin.

Found a nickle the other day that looked similar as far as the opposite side showing similar damage from a punch. Mine had the Compass & Square Logo with a center G. Buddy of mine is a Mason so I handed it to him and instantly he wanted to buy it 5 bucks, sorry my friend its not for sale. To which he said it is a unique coin and understands my position. I then told him for you.... it is free. It has more to him as a member of the Masons than to me not being one and holding it for its uniqueness.

None the less it is one for the unique / foreign pile

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to have to go with BuffaloBoy on this one and say that is post mint damage. All the same you should take it to your local coin dealer and just see what they have to say about it.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
The raised area is a sort of Bas relief of a ground off phillips #2 Screwdriver,

so that seems to infer that THE HEAD OF A PHILLIPS SCREW was pressed into the face of this coin.

(and it was a pan-head screw at that). The Jaw faces of some vises are held on with Phillips screws.

JMHO.

Keep on Rollin' !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread