Stunning IH, 1883,1867,1865, Shoe Buckle Frags, Buttons

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my freinds.... The last couple of hunts have pretty much sucked! I wasn't going to post but I did want to show this stunning 1883 IH I dug this am. I wish the 67 was in that same condition. I have no idea why I find such nice Indian heads but I've got a lot of beauties including a fair amount of semi keys....66,70,75,76. Hope this isn't my last shot but it may be. Happy Holidays Friends.
Btw I got a new Nikon camera for Christmas that I took the IH pics with. I plan on doing my year end wrap up and taking pics of my best stuff with it. The best part is that it sends all the pics to my phone and iPad. Now I just have to learn how to use the damn thing lol
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 23

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the lock but dang if that IH isn't the star here. It's brand new! Awesome!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Abe it's mind boggling how some IHC's come out rotten and some come out mint. That one is amazing!

Great lock too. Although not the same, I see many similar attributes to this lock.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451171190.321356.jpg

Great finds! Happy New Year Brother!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beaut Abe. What Nikon did you get?

I got the D3300 with a couple of lenses. I figured that'd be a good starter until I got good and upgrade. Then Kim can take over this one. One of my good buddies is a professional photographer that travels the world. I may get some of his old equipment once I feel confident with this one. He shot my tree coin for the W&E article I wrote. His pics are ridiculous!

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That IH looks like it came out of a sock drawer, not nor'east hardscrabble! Great finds all around. And there is still time in the season for something crazy...while on vacation I had resigned myself to not being able to go out again, and last night scored a machin mills!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH, and cool lock, I have yet to get one of those.
Glad you got out, not many days left. Was very nice for Dec. 26 (I did too)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How come your IH's look like that and mine look like this...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451172949.580707.jpg
Nice finds Abe. Is that thread on the button shank?

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Redbook value $25-35 XF-AU. looks more like a roll find AWESOME condition. lovin' the lock

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. If you didn't notice the first pic is the same 83 before cleaning. I've had lots come out of the ground with bad coast disease(crusty coating). I think lots of people give up on em too quick. I used to do the same. But I forgot about some that I had in hp for days one time. Was shocked when all the crap came right off and they were beautiful. Now I put em in warm hp then just leave em for as many hours/days as necessary. Any yes IP one day I will find that 77. That's an IH I will get excited about

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How come your IH's look like that and mine look like this...
View attachment 1251517
Nice finds Abe. Is that thread on the button shank?

OD I've found lots that looked like that and several came out beautiful after a couple days in the hp

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats Ahab, looks like you pulled some nice keepers. That 1883 is special.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to seeing you getting out.
Hopefully you will be getting out some more before the end of the year..
I know your a 4th quarter kind of hunter. I hear the 2 minute warning! ! Lol

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just love it when coins take on such a patina! I think they're more beautiful than when they were new!

Nice!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds Abe! You're right, if that 67 was in the same shape as the 83, it'd be worth some nice $$. Excellent other finds as well!

-- Jeff --

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking IH Abe, and great to see you're getting out for a few hunts. Nicely done on the camera gift, I dropped the big hint and got the "You have one already reply". :(
I wonder when the heavy crust develops over the coppers it helps protects them in some ways, and every time I pull one from the HP bath and the results are great I smile like it's a new find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread