Stunning IH, 1883,1867,1865, Shoe Buckle Frags, Buttons

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my freinds.... The last couple of hunts have pretty much sucked! I wasn't going to post but I did want to show this stunning 1883 IH I dug this am. I wish the 67 was in that same condition. I have no idea why I find such nice Indian heads but I've got a lot of beauties including a fair amount of semi keys....66,70,75,76. Hope this isn't my last shot but it may be. Happy Holidays Friends.
Btw I got a new Nikon camera for Christmas that I took the IH pics with. I plan on doing my year end wrap up and taking pics of my best stuff with it. The best part is that it sends all the pics to my phone and iPad. Now I just have to learn how to use the damn thing lol
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 23
Thanks guys. If you didn't notice the first pic is the same 83 before cleaning. I've had lots come out of the ground with bad coast disease(crusty coating). I think lots of people give up on em too quick. I used to do the same. But I forgot about some that I had in hp for days one time. Was shocked when all the crap came right off and they were beautiful. Now I put em in warm hp then just leave em for as many hours/days as necessary. Any yes IP one day I will find that 77. That's an IH I will get excited about

by warm you mean?

by warm you mean?

I put about a half inch in the bottom of a small container and microwave it for 28 seconds. That will make the coins fizz and get the loose stuff off then if they just soak it will slowly loosen up the rest until you can eventually get the rest off. I use a soft toothbrush normally

I will try that on my 1882, thanks

Nice job on the buttons...I like HP on injuns but it does darken the coin....I've had a few come out like that...and totally surprised me...like that pewter buckle frag too...Congrats

Yo Ab,Abe,Abster those are some nice digs that buckle frame would have bee a beauty for sure:headbang:
Good to see you get out all work and no play makes the Abster a dull boy..

~Blaze~

I'm glad to see you getting out Abe, and it looks like you got a little colonial tease at that site. Might be worth going back there as you may have missed a nice coin. And speaking of coins, that IH is in unbelievable shape for being dug - very nice!!

By the way, I really like Indians and could dig them all day. The other guys I used to hunt with only wanted colonial. And my wife likes to find them too. Sure, colonial is great when its available. But if I am digging indians, thats fine with me. I've never dug one like that however!

By the way, I really like Indians and could dig them all day. The other guys I used to hunt with only wanted colonial. And my wife likes to find them too. Sure, colonial is great when its available. But if I am digging indians, thats fine with me. I've never dug one like that however!

I actually am always excited to see what dates are hiding under the crust. I admittedly have been a bit disappointed at a couple of very early sites when I dig that nice signal and it's not colonial. But any day I find an early coin is a good day. Here's a couple of the other semi keys I've found.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm glad to see you getting out Abe, and it looks like you got a little colonial tease at that site. Might be worth going back there as you may have missed a nice coin. And speaking of coins, that IH is in unbelievable shape for being dug - very nice!!

Thanks Bill. I wandered into this cellar hole by chance. Didn't have a clue it was there. I need some old silver my friend. It's been a long time

It's always nice to find Indians in any condition. I just picked up a nice semi key not long ago that cleaned up real nice.

1870 indian 11-16-15 obv.jpg 1870 indian 11-16-15 rev.jpg

1908s indian obv.jpg 1908s indian rev.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back