Stunning Ryolite Guilford Arrowhead, Silver Ring & Relics!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time this weekend with some good friends & saved a little history! My best find was a stunning ryolite Guilford point (5,000-6,000 years old). You've gotta love seeing that just laying on the ground! It's intriguing to imagine who the last person to hold that was! I also found another large point that's just missing the base (haven't identified yet) I didn't find much with the detector, we found a new site today but it just didn't produce a lot. I did end up with a pretty silver ring, musketball, toe tap & flat button. Thanks for looking & HH! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486951407.270579.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486951431.407782.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486951443.438997.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486951454.374984.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486951467.474752.jpg

Upvote 23

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Moly what am I doing wrong amazing finds I like how you think I always think about how what we found in the ground was frozen in time until we find it cool way to appreciate history Great display case pieces Thanks for sharing em!!!Tommy

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks
Holy Moly what am I doing wrong amazing finds I like how you think I always think about how what we found in the ground was frozen in time until we find it cool way to appreciate history Great display case pieces Thanks for sharing em!!!Tommy

Thanks Tommy, appreciate it. I love saving history, its an adventure & a mystery!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Magnum I expect to see all your posts have pics that looked like they came out of a catalog shoot. Must have gotten a little lazy yesterday :dontknow::tongue3: That ring is awesome. :headbang:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that great looking point, and the rest of your finds.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Josh!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to find some points like that, I have yet to find any and alot of my fields are for sure hot spots for finding them. My favorite find out of the bunch is of course your "Treble" gilt button.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What incredible luck finding a point like that just waiting on the surface to big picked up like that! :notworthy: - great other finds too!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's an incredible piece. There's a place close to where I grew up called Kineo. It's an 1800' tall monolith that rises up out of Moosehead lake. It's also the largest known mass of rhyolite in the country. The natives would hike hundreds of miles to get the incredible rhyolite from this place. Kineo rhyolite has been found all over New England and in the south as well. Pretty cool stuff my friend. What a gorgeous piece

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man! Wow that's awesome, I've never heard that. I'll have to look that up! I know that they did trade a lot more than we would think. A landowner at a place I search showed me a point made out of a red material an archaeologist said came all the way from California!
Wow that's an incredible piece. There's a place close to where I grew up called Kineo. It's an 1800' tall monolith that rises up out of Moosehead lake. It's also the largest known mass of rhyolite in the country. The natives would hike hundreds of miles to get the incredible rhyolite from this place. Kineo rhyolite has been found all over New England and in the south as well. Pretty cool stuff my friend. What a gorgeous piece

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer point man! And the rest of the stuff is nice as well!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a feeling it must be holding that arrow head in your hands.
Congrats

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time this weekend with some good friends & saved a little history! My best find was a stunning ryolite Guilford point (5,000-6,000 years old). You've gotta love seeing that just laying on the ground! It's intriguing to imagine who the last person to hold that was! I also found another large point that's just missing the base (haven't identified yet) I didn't find much with the detector, we found a new site today but it just didn't produce a lot. I did end up with a pretty silver ring, musketball, toe tap & flat button. Thanks for looking & HH! View attachment 1414072 View attachment 1414073 View attachment 1414074 View attachment 1414075 View attachment 1414076

Dude those points are Amazing especially the Guilford WOW!!!
The Ring look's Old , is it Marked?
The Relics were the icing on the Cake.

Point,s of any type have Eluded me , I found a Couple broken ones & a few pottery Shards but no complete Points.
Others have found the in & around my area but they hide from me.
P.S. A Banner Find IMO

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude those points are Amazing especially the Guilford WOW!!!
The Ring look's Old , is it Marked?
The Relics were the icing on the Cake.

Point,s of any type have Eluded me , I found a Couple broken ones & a few pottery Shards but no complete Points.
Others have found the in & around my area but they hide from me.
P.S. A Banner Find IMO

Thanks Davers! The ring is marked, I accidentally left it with my buddy so I'll have to check it out when I get it back. I find a lot of broken points... I mainly search tobacco fields that are plowed frequently so I don't find too many whole ones. This came from a clearcut, a lot better chance of finding whole ones there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread