Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, at least classes were canceled... my college was ALWAYS the last to cancel classes in Springfield, out of like 12 or 15 colleges & universities there in the area. I prayed for classes to be canceled every time the skies even got white/grey... :laughing7:
Hopefully it'll be gone soon so you can get out. :thumbsup:

Bran <><

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Don't feel bad dude, we have gotten well over 3' of snow here in central PA so far in February!! I feel your pain, I have my new toy standing in the corner everyday too!!

DK

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I had to move my brand new SE to a spare bedroom out of the "office". Can't bear to look at it, never used it so far. All I know is that it makes lots of sounds when I put the battery in. :tongue3:

I HATE winter. I retire and the kid moves to SoFL. What's wrong with that picture?? !!!

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres a house right down the street from me that I want to hit so bad, but I cant cuz of this weather..its calling my name

arnoldziffel

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
i'm still debating hitting the beach tomorrow. the snow won't be on the sand, but walking from the car down to the beach could be tricky if it isn't plowed. I haven't detected in a couple of weeks because of the weather. the beach will be the only place i could hit for a while. too much snow everywhere else.

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
wow a snowicane....! what next ? my wife was reading me the

weather related news off the net today and they used the term.

i hadnt heard it b4. iz this a real term or just a concoction .

seems like them weather channel folks are always makin up some

heavy sounding stuff like,january jolt ..feb fury or holiday humbug

to promote interst in their forecasts.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
On Lake Erie here we got another 10 inches last night and are to get more today.. SO my sand scoop has become a Snow scoop in bar parking lots to find what the drunks left behind................

Ahab

Dec 26, 2009
Agree with all of you complaining about the snow.
My country (Denmark) just had 3 straight months of temperatures below freezing-point. Thats a record cold for 21 years!!! 92 straight days!. the run stopped yesterday with a single degree above and today with 2 degrees above freezing point. But the bad news is that snow is comming tomorrow and its still below freezing every night...grounds still frozen and no thaw comming after that for atleast a week >:(

To add to this misery: i have been talking about buying a metal detector for allmost 2 years since i worked with them proffesionally for a while. FINALLY got a used explorer xs in great condition (thanks alot Shepcal) with probe and extra coil, its a great piece of kit. So imagine: talking about it for allmost 2 years and waiting a month to get it. and now the *bleeping* weather is record bad!!

My thoughts go out to my brothers in this suffering. Lets pray for a bit of global warming please!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions