Whites Spectrum XLT

Bullet1943

Feb 26, 2010
White's Spectrum XLT

Acquired this detector, and I realize it's probably not "perfect" for gold detecting, but I'm wondering if anybody can tell me some tuning tips and hints for setting it at its optimum capability for detecting gold nuggets/flakes. It seems to be quite "tunable" anda very good piece of equipment.

Thanks folks.

Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's Spectrum XLT

It's 6.59 kHz, (I believe), which isn't the best for gold hunting. Gotta go higher, 50, 60, and above is best. It'll definitely find gold rings, but small nuggets doubtful. It will find large cents and old coppers crazy deep. I still have my Silver Eagle, which I believe is the same frequency as the Spectrum, and have dug most of my good finds with it. Good Hunting,
Carl

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Might want to ask about it in the White's specific section down in the Brand [manufacturer's] forum. Lots of them used locally . . . but there are no gold nuggets hereabouts to be hunting for.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,212.0.html

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

The XLT will find gold nuggets in the prospect mode. I have found a lot of them in N.M., AZ. and Cal. I have also found Flower gold that was "bunched up" under a rock at the slabs in Cal. It is a great detector and it pinpoints so accurately. The final proof is the largest gold hord ever found in England worth app. $4million was found with a Whites XLT with the stock single coil! You can pick one up in the listings here at T-Net for under $500.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread