Stupid Tiger Shark Question

I wondered about mine also as there wasn't any! Think it really needs one though.

Thanks. I didn't want to take it out in the morning and fry it on my trial run. I will probably add one, I have some rubber washers at work that seem to be about the right size.

Do you mean at the plug that connects to the box?

Sandman said:
Do you mean at the plug that connects to the box?

Yes.

Ok, I just checked mine as I didn't remember a O ring being there. Mine didn't have one inside the connector but would advise adding some Silicone Grease to the connector threads as this works very well. Mine is a few years old and wasn't sure if Tesoro made a change that I didn't know about. Just hand tighten the connector and you should be fine with the addition of the silicone grease. :hello:

Take Care,
Sandman

That's just what I did this morning ;D Thanks.

Gibh,

Sandman is correct that the TS does not have any "O" rings on the cable connection for the coil. His advise to use some silicone grease on them is also correct. DO NOT add any "O" rings. "O" rings are not part of the design of those connectors and they may cause over stressing in the connector and cause it to fail. The housing DOES require a large "O" ring that sits in a groove around the end of it. (Those two mating surfaces MUST be clean, clean, clean then add the silicone grease and attach the control housing face.) Joe

Thanks Joe. Already did and done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back