Stupid USPS complaint

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I should have known! I forgot yesterday was Columbus Day, and I went to the PO. I had 4 packages, and I never, ever ever do this. I dropped them in the slot. I figured that they would get to them first thing today, right? Those morons didn't scan them! I have no idea if they got to the main post office yet, but THAT one is notorious for not scanning. Now I am going to sit and worry that my packages aren't going to get scanned, and Ebay is going give me a defect.
:-(

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you wouldn't get a defect for a non-scan. As long as you stay 90%+ forTop Rated, you are all set. It just needs a scan along the way or delivery to count too.
Not sure if the initial scan is part of the new rules, but I know as of now, it is not important (unless you have a really impatient new buyer)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You'll be ok. They will get scanned along the way and the labels are already uploaded. And as Justin pointed out the new policy is in effect.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same thing with 2 packages. Got to the P.O. and felt stupid they were closed. I wouldn't worry, sometimes it seems to take a while for info to get uploaded.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
OK. Lesson learned. They obviously took the mail that was left over the weekend, and did it LAST. Nice. NOT.

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

Oct-13-15, 20:58 PM, SANDSTON, VA 23150

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Oct-13-15, 19:43 PM, RICHMOND, VA 23226

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Confused here, it arrived at the "Origin" facility at 20:58 and then accepted at the "Sort" facility at 19:43 ? Sort facility would be where the mail was sent to be staged and forwarded on to the "Destination" facility .

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All 4 of my items scanned early Tuesday, because I went inside and got a receipt. I do it every time, no worrying, no possibility that they don't get scanned, no possibility that they get lost and I don't have proof I dropped them off. Have you seen what the Post Offices look like the day after a holiday? PACKED. Tons of people in line, counters stacked, bins full, 2-3 days worth of mail to sort.....and they had the nerve to not get to your packages first thing! They work on a "first in first out" basis so stuff from Saturday gets sorted first, then Sunday, and then Monday.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I replied to this. Anyhoo, I spoke with the clerk yesterday. She told me the opposite Joe. They waited until they handled everything in the P.O., and then tackled that. She said they didn't have time to do it until very late.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I replied to this. Anyhoo, I spoke with the clerk yesterday. She told me the opposite Joe. They waited until they handled everything in the P.O., and then tackled that. She said they didn't have time to do it until very late.

Of course they have to help the customers in front of them first, but when it comes to the mail that needs to be sorted, per postal regulation, its supposed to be fifo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread