All Treasure Hunting

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the snow has reduced me to slumming around under bridges...

IMG_4875.JPG

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going out tomorrow 45 sat and sun I knpw the woods are good places in the winter the leaves keep the ground from freezing most of the time.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Snow was almost gone and I didn't get out in time for a hunt. Now I'm getting another snow storm as I write this. The only good news for me is all next week looks nice and warm with some rain in the mix. It should completely hammer the snow and thaw all the ground! [emoji106]

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey its gonna be Sunny and in the 60's here this weekend. Road trip

Same here, about to load up the truck now with the MD gear and then heading out shortly to my parents house in Union. Gonna hit an old school this afternoon for a couple hours in the 60 deg warm sunshine!! Good luck to all who can get out there!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Ground is frozen like concrete in my normal spots. I will take to the woods with heavy leaf cover and hope for an ox shoe. I can always walk a few streams and look for points. Hurry up Spring!
HH to all.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my nicer finds came from woods.So much easier for someone to lose something.Only problem around here is all this development,pretty soon won't be any woods left.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Found one small square nail, half a log grapple (I think it's modern) a .22 shell casing and a steel ball, maybe a ball-bearing. Thought it was a musket ball until I saw the bright finish under the grime. Still good to get out.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our weather here in Illinois has been great, & my hunting partner has been digging right along. My problem is its been since Nov. 18th for me, because on Nov. 25th I had rotater cuff surgery, & last week I had my knee scoped for a torn Meniscus. On the mend though, & will be ready for Spring.

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Spring? What is that? We (Far SW Colorado) had finally melted down to 10" or so left on the ground then received 12" +/- the last 2 days and now it's snowing again. Think by May we'll be able to see the ground again.

Mangler

Feb 28, 2014
Peshtigo, WI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, BH Quick Draw 2, Vulcan 360, Modified Fiskars Big Grip Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was starting to look good in Wisconsin and then this...
IMAG2421.jpg

Idaho Digger

Greenie
Feb 25, 2016
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 400
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in Idaho. About a foot plus in the front yard. More in the outlying areas.
To make matters worse, my new MD just arrived today. There are a few bare patches in the snow that I picked up targets that showed two Dimes and one Quarter (and some trash). I though that I could at least dig these...Wrong, the ground is still firmly frozen:BangHead:

John

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The water here has everything flooded in Tennessee. Water is squirting out the top of mountains and we are not even in the rainy season yet. I am sure cold and snow is much worse.

Idaho Digger

Greenie
Feb 25, 2016
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 400
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The water here has everything flooded in Tennessee. Water is squirting out the top of mountains and we are not even in the rainy season yet. I am sure cold and snow is much worse.

Get out there while the ground is still wet, better sensitivity. Hope the flooding does not get too bad. Maybe you can find some washed out areas with some nice pieces that have been buried too deep in the past. Strike while the iron is hot :thumbsup:

John

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am way further North than you guys and I have been detecting since early February and have found 9 old coins and a silver ring!....No snow on the ground to be seen. That's global warming for ya!.....

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What is sad is buying an Avalanche, a cabin cruiser, a speed boat and having them all covered with snow and all my dive gear put away for months. I took my cruiser out of the water in October and it was just dripping tears. Sure I dirt fish, but bring on the warmer water!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even count on it being spring for at least another 30 days, and even then we could get whomped with snow.

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
Move to the south! Sunny and 60deg here today, none of that white crap on the ground all winter long either. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread