Sudan digs for gold as prices rise

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
At least one-quarter of Sudan could be rich territory for gold mining, making it a hot-spot for foreign companies exploring there.

In recent years, individual mining has reached unprecedented proportions and figures indicate that at least 50,000 people are believed to be working in Sudan's northern desert.

The Sudanese government has tried to discourage gold mining in the past because of the deadly risks involved.

However, it has proved a lifeline for thousands of people as the price of gold has soared.

Al Jazeera's Mohamed Vall reports.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Upvote 0

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Good for them!

May be they will slow down on the Pirate thing, Eaaaa?

Hell , I'm lucky to get a gram a day from the claims I work.

:notworthy:

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I don't know what to say. With the extensive poverty that exists there, geez, even a gram per day = $1000 per month. I'd bet thats a kings ransom for them. Who could afford not to go for it?

Jim.

OP
OP
kamgort

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Jim Hemmingway said:
Well I don't know what to say. With the extensive poverty that exists there, geez, even a gram per day = $1000 per month. I'd bet thats a kings ransom for them. Who could afford not to go for it?

Jim.

I think that sometimes journalists are lying.This information for consideration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread