The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Sharpe00 - Welcome to the forum! Sugar Mountain is a ski resort, right? If so, and if the snow is gone, then hunting under the chairlifts, or where people fall alot, would be good detecting. Otherwise, just think about where people hang out, or used to hang out. You might also research the area and see if there are any old sites around. TIME x NUMBER OF PEOPLE x ACTIVITY x GROUND COVER is proportional to the number of goodies you might find.

HH!
TBGO

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
SharpeOO,

A couple of suggestions: Follow the route of the chair lifts up the slopes, search where the skiers disembark from the chair lifts, scan the runs down the mountain. My family did this three years in Colorado and we found change, ten dollars in paper currency, and some junk, etc. Good Luck!

Seajay

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Use to live on sugar mountain and work there. I tried to get permission to detect it and it was a no go. I think the grounds keeper detects it his self. I was there back around 94 - 95. There was at one time signs posted for a reward for a 2ct dimond ring that was lost somewhere on the mountain. Never heard if it was found. If you go good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread