Suggestions for a new feature on Treasurenet

B

BIG61AL

What this site needs is a page with all the basic info for newbies with all the basic tips laid out such as to where to look for targets, hold to clean their finds, glossary of common metal detecting phrases, kind of detecting, some links to useful research sites etc etc. I know I'd use the links. It would be helpful to have the links for old buttons, world coins, current us coin prices. Nothing to overwhelming just the basic stuff?

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you put a (links) page up then no one would log on to ask these questions=no traffic
great idea tho its like the 15th time ive heard it mentioned tho... :-\

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this information is posted here in TNet on various forums. Manufactures have lots of info on their web sites, You just need to go look for it. It would be impossible to list all the links you'd need to learn this hobby as it is so deep. Errr, pun not intended......

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
For a person who is new at this that has a million questions - that "personal response and helpful hint or opinion" from one of you old pros can be an important boost!

The personal interaction here is what is appealing... a step beyond the "manual" or "book".

I only respond to newbie questions when I feel I can actually offer information of value. I don't see it as a burden.

HOWEVER... there have been times when I roll my eyes after the same thing has been asked for a million times that week... And I have simply sent links to posts that already hashed through that question.

Night Stalker said:
Research is good for the soul....

I agree with you on that Night Stalker...

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
For a person who is new at this that has a million questions - that "personal response and helpful hint or opinion" from one of you old pros can be an important boost!

The personal interaction here is what is appealing... a step beyond the "manual" or "book".

I only respond to newbie questions when I feel I can actually offer information of value. I don't see it as a burden.

HOWEVER... there have been times when I roll my eyes after the same thing has been asked for a million times that week... And I have simply sent links to posts that already hashed through that question.

Night Stalker said:
Research is good for the soul....

I agree with you on that Night Stalker...
???what wine goes with captain crunch???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread