Sunday hunt

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend of mine who is a Tnetter but doesn't post often and me went out today for a hunt.

We started in a local farm field where signals are sparse. He got a couple musket balls and I was able to manage a 1910 V nickel. (3rd on the year)

After searching for targets there for a while we went to my large cent spot. It started off very slow and we were starting to get discouraged a bit. I had to go to the truck and as I walked up the hill I got a screaming signal over a spot we have both been over multiple times. It was ringing up lower than a large cent but it sounded great. About 4" down sat an 1826 Large cent
That was half way on edge.

My buddy came over and after calling me a few choice words he ended up finding a sweet swedish late 1800's 1 ore coin. We figured this was a hot spot and both took our time in this area. I dug two flat buttons and a miner tag. He also dug a miner tag. It ended up being a fun day with a bunch of odds and end signals too. Thanks for the look. HH!

20180225_183242.jpg
20180225_183021.jpg
20180225_184056.jpg

Here is my partners 1 ore coin he dug. This thing was at least 8" deep and it's about half dime size! Beautiful coin.

9673.jpeg

Upvote 5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread