Sunday Hunts ... Lots of pics...........

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
Went out today. First to my old spot. The field along the river. Found a weird stone. Must have been carved. Look at the first pic. Did not find anything special, so i went for a drive, along the river, to see if could find some new spots. Ended up at on old bridge. Went down, underneath the bridge and found the two other stone pieces, in picture 2. Could be cutting tools, could be just slate. I dunno. Drove on and stopped at a forest along the lake, found the two bullets, the coins and the pieces of stone or glass on the beach. The coins are all newer coins. The 10 cents is the oldest. 1968. Also find this little stone, got some cool colors. It deserves a pic, just for the green color in it. Spotted a dear, as seen in the pics below. On my way back, i found the glasses in the middle of the road. Almost ran over it. Stopped. Turned around and picked it up. They are some nice, new looking, Kenneth Cole, made in Italy Prescription glasses. I hope i can find a way to return it to the owner. Finally, when i cam home. Grabbed a beer and sat in the back yard, cleaning an checking out my new finds. I was closely watched by the two young fellows in the last two pics, from above me. COOL :)

Attachments

• rock.JPG
    rock.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 476
  • rocks.JPG
    rocks.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 514
  • bulletsconsstone.JPG
    bulletsconsstone.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 509
  • deer.JPG
    deer.JPG
    3.1 KB · Views: 481
  • deer1.JPG
    deer1.JPG
    1.5 KB · Views: 466
  • deer2.JPG
    deer2.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 500
  • glasses.JPG
    glasses.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 510
  • coolstone.JPG
    coolstone.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 477
  • sq.JPG
    sq.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 505
  • sq2.JPG
    sq2.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Drink one for me. It looks like you had a fun day out. Well done!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt and a fun day MG---Nice pics.

OP
OP
Metalgear

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
Thank you for the kind replies guys :D
Anyone have a clue about what the round stone with the carvings could be ???

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool rocks I have a couple like the green one and one of mine is like that but blue.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
The two colored rocks look to be "beach glass"...I find pieces like that on the beach in Mexico on the Mediterranean side....Guess it is from constant water action on the beach with old broken bottles.
Baggins

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shells are very interesting. I don't understand why they have those loops on one end. Does that have something to do with them being blanks? I haven't seen an unexploded shell before.

The rock is probably a small sedimentary pebble that was composed of at least two mineral layers, one hard (maybe quartz, some form of SiO2) and one softer. The softer stone layer was eroded away while the harder one staid intact producing what we see now. That's what I think.

R

RUDY2003

Nice road trip metalgear...
New tree huntin buddies?

Keep safe...

rosevelt

Oct 22, 2004
Hey thought i would let you know that half of the 1968 dimes where minted silver. ;D
to test it just put it on a magnet. if it sticks it is not silver but if it slides off themagnet, it is silver.

let me no how it turns out!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Metalgear

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
rosevelt said:
Hey thought i would let you know that half of the 1968 dimes where minted silver. ;D
to test it just put it on a magnet. if it sticks it is not silver but if it slides off themagnet, it is silver.

let me no how it turns out!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you. That is interesting, because it looks like silver for sure. But i thought that the last silvers were minted in 67.
I will test it for sure. Thanks buddy :D

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
randazzo1 said:
The shells are very interesting. I don't understand why they have those loops on one end. Does that have something to do with them being blanks? I haven't seen an unexploded shell before.

The rock is probably a small sedimentary pebble that was composed of at least two mineral layers, one hard (maybe quartz, some form of SiO2) and one softer. The softer stone layer was eroded away while the harder one staid intact producing what we see now. That's what I think.
The shells are crimped at the end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread