crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go evening fellow members. Got out today to a new place and the only thing I found was about 3 bucks in modern clad. It is a baseball park behind where the old high school used to be. The post office now sits on top of the ground and the ground was smoothed out so no hunting there as it is marked Government property, no tresspassing. I don't have any pics of the ground but there should be some nice keepers there. I haven't found any yet. A lot of ground to cover. The last pic is what I found at the park, not cemetery.

After hunting there I decided to visit the local cemetery where my fathers side family lay. I didn't hunt that as that's taboo in my book of morals and ethics . I did take some pictures to share. Irrelevant to the hunt but I think you Will enjoy some more histry of this small town

This is a picture of the entrance to the cemetery taken in the late 1890's. The next picture was taken today, 2008.

Picture797.jpg

Picture778.jpg

Picture776.jpg

Picture787.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mcgearhead said:
I love those first two pics of the cemetary entrance. If you look real close to the far left you can see where there used to be what may have been a big garden or farm of some kind. It was all cleared back then, now it looks like it's all woods. Can you or have you tried detecting there?

I was going to but changed my mind

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo Crazyjarhead

From the land of the Bluenose.....man that place hasn't changed landscape wise much and great to hear that you didn't dig on holy land. Fellow in Ontario did and was charged....proper thing youz and thanks for sharing an interesting post!

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picture set Craz and like you, I wouldn't did there. I would dig in the tree line though but not on weekend.

SKD

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: yo Crazyjarhead

leslie(nova scotia) said:
From the land of the Bluenose.....man that place hasn't changed landscape wise much and great to hear that you didn't dig on holy land. Fellow in Ontario did and was charged....proper thing youz and thanks for sharing an interesting post!

Thanks for the comments Leslie, but just to clear things up and not let other people think that I dug there, I did not dig as stated in my original post. :coffee2:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great starter machine for the price. Look at my other post and see what I have found. And yes, even the field to the left was tempting but I do respect the deceased

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Site looks good. Looks like the ground is undisturbed. Good luck.

I love when there are old pictures with sites you get to hunt.

Bob

sodapoptop

May 13, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab
As a history buff I found the Lincoln Funeral Train info. very interesting...I also find it amazing that those trees are 115 years old! I also Love the before and after pictures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread