crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well actually my father did. It was an eyeball find. My father stopped by the other day and gave me a sweet surprise. When he was a young teen on the Smith farm, he found this up in the rafters of the old dairy barn. Now in his 70's and getting up in age, he decided to give it to me since I am the only 1 of 4 brothers living in Ohio. I am going to restore it and hand it down to my son some day. I also love guns. It still works but needs to be cleaned, blued and the stock re- done. It fires short, long and long rifle shells. The last pick is the Family farm from the 20's. Thanks for looking Ron

Picture796.jpg

Picture795.jpg

Picture794.jpg

Picture793.jpg

Picture790.jpg

Picture789.jpg

Picture606-3.jpg

Upvote 0

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
A beautiful rifle.If you restore it,it will loose value as a collectable,but if you intend to keep it always,it should restore very nicely.Either way,keep it clean and oiled.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
warsawdaddy said:
A beautiful rifle.If you restore it,it will loose value as a collectable,but if you intend to keep it always,it should restore very nicely.Either way,keep it clean and oiled.
Good point. I don't want to sell it as it is family history for me. I think. The house and farm was built in 1904. Maybe it isn't my great grandfathers. Nevertheless, I will never sell it as money is less important than history to me

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I always love looking at those old octagone barrel pump 22's, There a pleasure to hold.
Id probaly just keep it cleaned and usable, Very cool and usefull relic.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TEXAN Connection said:
I always love looking at those old octagone barrel pump 22's, There a pleasure to hold.
Id probaly just keep it cleaned and usable, Very cool and usefull relic.

Thanks Thats what I'll probably do. The stock is well aged and the pump handle is not broken or cracked. Barrell has some spot rust but that's not an issue

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Very nice gun!

Clean and oil inside the barrel, oil the mechanism/inside parts, don't clean just put a good coat of oil on the metal on the outside but don't do ANYTHING to the wood stock and pump handle. Maybe a little oil, otherwise leave it like it is, you'll be thankfull later.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Here is a model 12C from 'Guns America'.

(1 Image) Rem. Mod 12C .22 pump. (GA Number: 933616967) Classified Ad
Remington Rifles - Modern > Non-Model 700
This is a Remington Model 12C pump rifle in .22 cal. It's old but functions well. PLEASE NOTE: Any photo listed is the actual item. All firear ...(read more)

Seller: Welburn Communications (FFL Dealer) $425.00
A model 12 is listed at $750.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
warsawdaddy said:
Here is a model 12C from 'Guns America'.

(1 Image) Rem. Mod 12C .22 pump. (GA Number: 933616967) Classified Ad
Remington Rifles - Modern > Non-Model 700
This is a Remington Model 12C pump rifle in .22 cal. It's old but functions well. PLEASE NOTE: Any photo listed is the actual item. All firear ...(read more)

Seller: Welburn Communications (FFL Dealer) $425.00
A model 12 is listed at $750.

Thanks for the info Warsawdaddy

flip

Jan 29, 2005
kansas city/ osceola missouri
Detector(s) used
garret deepseeker , ace 250, DMC11ba
Here's an old gunsmith trick, oil the metal and lay a pre 1980 penny ( copper) flat and rub lightly back and forth. This will remove the surface rust and leave the bluing. I've done this many times and it works great,

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Very nice old Remington I bet it will clean up nicely I like old Rifles myself. I have a 1906 Favorite take down single shot rolling block.Still a shooter HH RonC

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
NICE RIFLE. JUST THINK HOW MANY WERE AT THE FAIRS BACK IN THE TIME.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread