Sunday’s Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Today was a bit wild so obviously decided to go to our most open field on top of the hill…. 🙄 buffeted by the wind and rain we still had a great time. This field is the middle area of the old race course and I just love it up here. We have detected in here before but never found the enclosure/stands but today we believe we finally found it. Lots of pot and glass and pipes 😆 ! Didn’t find many coins, but at least we know which area to search!

But first let me share my find of the day… I believe it’s a horse pendant, it’s stunning, despite being bent, then a rather posh button, bobbin shot and musket balls more ammo, rusty buckle and possible strap end (?) 2 lead shaped bits big Roman nail, buttons, 3 pre dec coins and a mystery coin or token perhaps (?) … and the pipe bits.

Croxton Park is my favourite bit of our permission, not only does it have the old race course but was once a hunting estate and before that was the site of Croxton Abbey, it’s said the stone from the abbey buildings was used to build the stone wall surrounding the park, so pics of the race course with what’s left of the wall behind, also some info on the history of the racecourse. xx

IMG_9153.jpeg
IMG_9154.jpeg
IMG_9155.jpeg
IMG_9156.jpeg
IMG_9157.jpeg
IMG_9159.jpeg
IMG_9160.jpeg
IMG_9161.jpeg
IMG_9162.jpeg
IMG_9163.jpeg
IMG_9164.jpeg
IMG_9165.jpeg
IMG_9166.jpeg
IMG_9167.jpeg
IMG_0320.jpeg
IMG_0319.jpeg
IMG_9146.jpeg
IMG_9143.jpeg
IMG_9152.jpeg

Upvote 32

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those shillings look like counterfeits.
Or they just overly cruddy?
I know your silver is always cleaner.😁
Agreed they look counterfeit, although look like Sixpences.

@blossom - Yes the first item is a Medieval Horse Harness Pendant, 1 of 2 that sat either side of the horses head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions