Sundays Hunt

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
GORGEOUS WEATHER TODAY!!Could not pass up a all day huntin trip with my better half the knorrski.We got up and hit the road around 8:00 and grabbed some mickey d"s for breakfast. we headed to a favorite beach area which is about an hours drive away and tried a little water huntin.Didn't fair to well with only about 5 clad in the pretty cold water so we hit the beach and grass area nearby.we did pretty good with 70 coins including knorrski comin up with a 1941s wheat and a 1961d silver rosie.We headed back home for lunch and watched a little of the race then hit the road again to a little town about an hour away and again did well at a little school with about 49 clad including a 1946 nickle.Last stop was a ball field area at a nearby park and once again was a good spot for some coins.No jewelry today but we made up for it with agreat day together and some fine coin shooting Totals were:29q,51d,20n,91p,1 wheatie and 1 silver dime for a total of 193.

peace bigrig

Attachments

• sundays coins.jpg
    sundays coins.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 324
  • sundays coins2.jpg
    sundays coins2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
M

mattjd

That's a lot of coins!!! Nice silver too! Sounds like you had a fun day. BigRig, you seem to be able to dig all day. Just imagine all the old coins you would find if you detected at a older site. How much trash did you find to find all these coins. Must have been a lot, I love Mcdonalds breakfast. Delicious! HH ? ? ? ?Matt

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great day by Bigrig and Knorrski! YOu two trying to get into Guiness book of worlds records under most coins found, or under most holes dug, lol! Great job guys!!

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
thanks all for the great comments.me and knorrski love the hobby and are blessed with the time to get out.I love the outdoors so if i am not coinshooting i am fishing or catching a ballgame.Yes i still work a 40 hour a week job but when i get off i hate to hang around the house.

peace,bigrig

F

Floater

Well BigRig, Again you and Knorrski Come up big. You two are the best. I cant believe 199 coins. Plus all the trash to go with it. Are you two using the tall handle scoops or just bending down and getting em all with a small trowel ? Nice work gettin the silver too.HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a high quality day all around! Life is good. My wife says I'm crazy, and I think she means it, LOL! She has no problem with accepting gold rings from detecting though. HH and nice post, Mike

D

Darod

Hey Big,

Super day you had with "K". That looks like a ton of work to me :)

You guys are really cleaning up the spots up there! Seems like the White's are doing pretty good on the coins.
Just curious,...are you setting your machines just for coinshooting? Someone else had asked if you dug a lot of trash to get all those coins,.....I was going to ask the same question,. did you ?

Rod

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi Rod,
Depending on the area.Dug alot of pulltabs hunting for nickles and gold rings.Usually outfield sections at baseball fields we generally dig most signals with minimal junk.Sometimes if time is an issue i will dig only what i feel is a 90% good target.We do usually find our share of trash and deposit it appropriately.

bigrig

D

Darod

Ahh,

So Big, what is the theory behind doing the outfield section as opposed to doing any other section of the field?

Rod

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WOW!!! That is a lot of clad... Looks like there has been very little detecting activity in some of the areas you hunt...
After getting all that clad out of the way, I think I would go back and look for the deeper targets. There's got to be a few around... Congrats on the silver too...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Knorrski first tried the outfield areas and started finding quite a few coins.I watch kids and adults alike at ballgames and thats seems to be where most of the warm ups take place.Also i don't find much junk out there i am assuming because you don't see many people drinking or eating out there.Its just a theory that has panned out for us.

peace,bigrig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread