Sunrise over New Smyrna Beach Fla

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sister invited my wife and I to spend the 4th at New Smyrna Beach with her...It had been a while since we hunted on the east coast, we took our detectors......In all most 40 yrs of hunting, I have never found a beach so clean.....Two days in the water, 21 hours between both of us.... We only had 3 signals, one foil,one beer cap....and one I gave up on because it was right where the waves were breaking and I got tired of being beat around.....Over all it was still a good trip,Being with family,great weather,unbelievable fire works up and down the beach as far as you could see...and the sunrises were spectacular.

Attachments

• sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 320
  • t sunrise.jpg
    t sunrise.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 315
  • ns beach.jpg
    ns beach.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 322
  • Mrs rdi.jpg
    Mrs rdi.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 332
  • choppy sea.jpg
    choppy sea.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 322
  • beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 309
  • Mr & Mrs rdi.jpg
    Mr & Mrs rdi.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0
OP
OP
rdi

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangingfor8 ....Must have been ....We were about 6 miles south of the inlet....

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Can't believe from those pictures that nothing was dropped in the mine. Maybe some dry sand hunting may have produced more. Either way you got out and those sunrises are priceless. Thanks for sharing.
HH,
Roy

OP
OP
rdi

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roy .....I'm sure you're right about the dry sand.....but I had rather be in the water not finding anything than on that HOT beach....my wife used to hunt the beach while I was in the water,that way we had them both covered. However, when the temperatures hit the 90's,she rebelled on me and became a water hunter. There went my toy car collection.I was happier with an old car than when she found a gold ring...oh well, she is a happy and cooler hunter and that's what this hobby is about,having fun.....rdi

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Everything from just south of 3rd ave (the Holiday inn) to the old Crawford beach ramp is new sand. It was all pumped from thew river. I hope we get a nasty hurricane this year that takes it all away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread