mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,i'm kind of excited right now. Just got home and opened my first box. Guess what was staring back at me. ;D I just finished opening my 2nd roll. 1st roll on bottom right had nothing, next one over from it had 17 silvers(2 Walkers, 8 Bens, and 7-64s. I will keep you updated as i go thru this box. My hands are shaking. ;D

Attachments

• DSCN3195.JPG
    DSCN3195.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 2,146
Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Hey MM

Phenomenal.

This box is without doubt one of the best I've seen posted here in the almost 2 years that I have been posting on this forum

This cannot be called a "Dream Box" it is 6 x better than a dream box. Will have to expand the scale now. Wish ole Silver_Fox were here he would coin a new category for it.

It's in a class all by it's self.

Question.... Was it the same style box that you have been getting or do you think it's possible that you somehow got a old box.? Brinks does not date them so it would just be a guess based on the box style.

Also I do believe that you might see a continuation in the weeks to come. That box has to be continued in another box. There could be a before that box and the one filled after that could still be out there with the balance of that hoard. I would try and capture them buy increasing your order for the next couple of weeks in a effort to capture them. I realize of course that you just took $300 off the table as far as your working capitol goes, but if you could afford it order as many as you think you can handle or your bank would allow you too.

Congratulations on the Score. My Dream box was roughly 1/2 of yours. Mine came 3+ years ago and I haven't come close since except for the 50+ Franklin's I got 2 weeks in a row last summer. (That's what I mean by continuation. There is another one out there.)

Thanks for the excitement and the great photo's. Can't wait for a breakdown on the dates if you will or some key dates you might have gotten.

I am truly shocked. :o

Mojo

P.S. Try not to tell anyone.......... LOL

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again everyone. My feeling is that this box was recently packed, probably sometime this year. I haven't had a chance to go thru the dates yet,probably get to that tonight or tomorrow morning. I do suspect there are more boxes like this or possible even better out there somewhere. A friend of mine,thegman50,found a few solid rolls of silver in a brinks box a month or two ago so I'm sure there are more out there somewhere. 1st chance i get, i'll post the dates. Thanks again. MM2

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice - just checked in this morning to see this find. Inspires us all on through the runs of skunks. Great and congrats! :headbang:

Maine_Jim

silverfinder

Dec 31, 2006
My two cents, again...I've changed my mind about the age of this box - it's probably one that, as mountainman thinks, was packed this year. Reason? There were very few silver clads in the box, consistent with recent results I've been getting. A box that's several years old should typically have quite a few silver clad halves, and this was not the case. Oddly, the boxes I've been getting over the past few months have contained somewhat more 90% silver halves than 40%ers, albeit in modest quantities. Overall, the finds have fallen off drastically since I started doing this in '06. I believe that this box contained someone's collection, as another commenter opined yesterday.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
my theory is someone cashed them in through a coinstar or bank coin counter, the reason is that would explain why it would haven gotten past a teller. i have watched the coinstar rep. and several tellers when they empty the machines at the bank, they take out the bags seal them up and ship them right to brinks. brinks then puts them into their machine and re rolls them. that has got to be the way it happened. i doubt very seriously that a teller was in the chain anywhere other than sealing a bag

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Banner find Mountainman! Ok alot of these good finds coming around. It is just a matter of time until I find my first dream box. That is beyond a dream box if you ask me. Wow.

Golden Silver

XX

Jan 11, 2008
That's about $2,500 PROFIT for that one box. Many of us don't even come close to that in a year.

Well guys, I guess it's time for you to kill that LJ thread and replace it wiht a MountainMan thread as we have clearly found the new champion who is unlikely to be surpassed anytime soon (or distant future for that matter).

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
WOW.. Thats almost 3,000 worth of silver!!! Man congrats.. I cant even get my bank to order me any boxes.. Cheap bastards.. Said it cost them to much to order just to have me turn around and give em back.. To bad there is only 3 banks in town..

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
mountain man my man i am waiting for you to search those other boxes and let us know. i have checked in on this thread 5 times today. the suspense is KILLING me :tongue3: :tongue3:

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still at work Silvercop.These evening i'll check them out, i promise.Got 3 more boxes to pick up today too.

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i went thru the other 2 brinks boxes. Both were skunks, one had 2 foreign coins in it. Many of the walkers are well worn but this is what i see

1917(4)
1917-S(rev)(2)
1918-(2)
1918-D(1)
1918-S(4)
1920(4)
1920-D(1)
1920-S(1)
1923-S(1)
1928-S(4)
1929-D(10)
1929-S(10)
1933-S(1)Has hole in it
1934(1)
1934-D(1)
1934-S(2)
1935(1)
1936(1)
1941(5)
1941-D(1)
1942-S(2)
1943(2)
1943-D(2)
1943-S(1)
1944(2)
1944-D(1)
1945(2)
1946(1)
1946-D(1)
Unreadable(6)?

There's a lot of wear,especially on the early date walkers as you can see by the pic. These must have been in circulation for quite some time before someone saved them.

Attachments

• DSCN3205.JPG
    DSCN3205.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 1,286

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
Oh my god! that is without a doubt the best find i have ever seen, especially come out of 1 box! i want to vote banner but i do not want to attract every t-netter to CRH and possibly ruin our chances of ever achieving such a dream! Congratulations MM :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread