Super Sunday 😎 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Ahhh it’s been a long week, but we got back out to play today, and had the best time! 😆

Got to the field, and the tractors were working in it.. so perfect timing! xx I found this little Seal Matrix.. got a strong little signal but the tractor was bearing down on me… so I had to walk away, but walked in a straight line to the left, once he had passed over my target… I followed my foot prints back over and dug this little beauty out! Then himself dug this little buckle, not sure what if the next bit is… nor the ones in the next pic, then a leather stud, another mystery item then part of a brooch, bit of a crotal bell and buckle, lump of bronze and a shiney piece, musket balls, buttons, 3 pre dec coins, 3 scrappy Romans, then this stunner of a Roman!

Absolutely gorgeous sunny September day, indeed the perfect Sunday! xx

IMG_8851.png
IMG_8831.jpeg
IMG_8832.jpeg
IMG_8834.jpeg
IMG_8835.jpeg
IMG_8837.jpeg
IMG_8838.jpeg
IMG_8839.jpeg
IMG_8841.jpeg
IMG_8842.jpeg
IMG_8843.jpeg
IMG_8844.jpeg
IMG_8845.jpeg
IMG_8846.jpeg
IMG_8847.jpeg
IMG_8848.jpeg
IMG_8849.jpeg
IMG_8850.jpeg
IMG_8818.jpeg
IMG_8820.jpeg
IMG_8821.jpeg
IMG_8823.jpeg

Upvote 35

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoo hoo!
That's a great hunt! A pile. Again. But the coins....

This piece raises question of if it was a defective casting. Doomed to the remelt pile.
img_8841-jpeg.2103102

Or , very intricate with place for precious stones up front and deliberate flair on rear to represent hair(?) How to vent while pouring would be problematic. Both the rear and front.
where as a worn or just not secured tight mold would allow the flash to poke out the rear there where it shows. (Getting that thin flange on purpose is high church so to speak.)
All that to hint of a manufacturing process nearby. Or scrap material transported from a spot things were cast ; on or through site.
Lead wouldn't be much trouble. Other metals would want more of a crucible, furnace, or similar beyond a blacksmiths forge .

Seagulls? They look small to be geese. A goose would be a good "find" around the holidays....

Congrats on the day!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOOHOO!😍That seal, you need to get a ID on that impression because it's impressive.
Beauty Roman, one the better ones for sure.
The hanger photo #5 is a ?
Now what can we say about that buckle except, well dug.:headbang:
So thank you for going out and digging so we can salivate.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
WOOHOO!😍That seal, you need to get a ID on that impression because it's impressive.
Beauty Roman, one the better ones for sure.
The hanger photo #5 is a ?
Now what can we say about that buckle except, well dug.:headbang:
So thank you for going out and digging so we can salivate.
Thanks Peps… we do try to please 😆… secretly quite jealous of the buckle if im honest… now the seal … saved from the jaws of death … I think is TIMETE DEUM… Fear and honour God… 🤔 xx

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Whoo hoo!
That's a great hunt! A pile. Again. But the coins....

This piece raises question of if it was a defective casting. Doomed to the remelt pile.
img_8841-jpeg.2103102

Or , very intricate with place for precious stones up front and deliberate flair on rear to represent hair(?) How to vent while pouring would be problematic. Both the rear and front.
where as a worn or just not secured tight mold would allow the flash to poke out the rear there where it shows. (Getting that thin flange on purpose is high church so to speak.)
All that to hint of a manufacturing process nearby. Or scrap material transported from a spot things were cast ; on or through site.
Lead wouldn't be much trouble. Other metals would want more of a crucible, furnace, or similar beyond a blacksmiths forge .

Seagulls? They look small to be geese. A goose would be a good "find" around the holidays....

Congrats on the day!

Thanks RC xx I believe it was a Roman Trumpet Brooch… albeit not complete now should look a bit like this….

they were defo doing something on this site… there is a big dip in the lower corner of the field and a sea of iron signals all around it… we need more time in this one to explore… 😆 and yes them is sea gulls… picked up some beautiful feathers they left me…😍 xx

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 10

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece next to the 14th C leather mount (oval with 3 holes in) is a 17th C Knife Terminal. (2 outward facing cloved animal feet)

The end of the Seal Matrix has a shorten version of 'TE DEVM' - God We Praise You/We Praise Thee O God
More details;

PS. It also has the Lamb of God in the centre.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread