Super Sunday 😎 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Ahhh it’s been a long week, but we got back out to play today, and had the best time! 😆

Got to the field, and the tractors were working in it.. so perfect timing! xx I found this little Seal Matrix.. got a strong little signal but the tractor was bearing down on me… so I had to walk away, but walked in a straight line to the left, once he had passed over my target… I followed my foot prints back over and dug this little beauty out! Then himself dug this little buckle, not sure what if the next bit is… nor the ones in the next pic, then a leather stud, another mystery item then part of a brooch, bit of a crotal bell and buckle, lump of bronze and a shiney piece, musket balls, buttons, 3 pre dec coins, 3 scrappy Romans, then this stunner of a Roman!

Absolutely gorgeous sunny September day, indeed the perfect Sunday! xx

IMG_8851.png
IMG_8831.jpeg
IMG_8832.jpeg
IMG_8834.jpeg
IMG_8835.jpeg
IMG_8837.jpeg
IMG_8838.jpeg
IMG_8839.jpeg
IMG_8841.jpeg
IMG_8842.jpeg
IMG_8843.jpeg
IMG_8844.jpeg
IMG_8845.jpeg
IMG_8846.jpeg
IMG_8847.jpeg
IMG_8848.jpeg
IMG_8849.jpeg
IMG_8850.jpeg
IMG_8818.jpeg
IMG_8820.jpeg
IMG_8821.jpeg
IMG_8823.jpeg

Upvote 35

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted to find a seal matrix. Nice!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE FINDS !! Do you have to get all your findings inspected ?

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Update on buckle… looks similar to ones dating from 1350-1450… xx 😍

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No we dont have to, but we do take the interesting ones to the Finds Liason Officer at the local museum for recording xx
Thank you :) I bet to someone new it could be a bit confusing

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And i did MEAN over there

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoo hoo!
That's a great hunt! A pile. Again. But the coins....

This piece raises question of if it was a defective casting. Doomed to the remelt pile.
img_8841-jpeg.2103102

Or , very intricate with place for precious stones up front and deliberate flair on rear to represent hair(?) How to vent while pouring would be problematic. Both the rear and front.
where as a worn or just not secured tight mold would allow the flash to poke out the rear there where it shows. (Getting that thin flange on purpose is high church so to speak.)
All that to hint of a manufacturing process nearby. Or scrap material transported from a spot things were cast ; on or through site.
Lead wouldn't be much trouble. Other metals would want more of a crucible, furnace, or similar beyond a blacksmiths forge .

Seagulls? They look small to be geese. A goose would be a good "find" around the holidays....

Congrats on the day!

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE FINDS !! Do you have to get all your findings inspected ?
When I go over there, the FLO gets everything I find for them to sort out. As ignorant as I am about a lot of the finds there, I wouldn't presume to know what is important and what isn't. Once the experts take a look and decide, I just pick up what they don't want on my next trip. (or have it shipped to me) So far, only two items are going to one of the museums. Everything else was returned to me.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I go over there, the FLO gets everything I find for them to sort out. As ignorant as I am about a lot of the finds there, I wouldn't presume to know what is important and what isn't. Once the experts take a look and decide, I just pick up what they don't want on my next trip. (or have it shipped to me) So far, only two items are going to one of the museums. Everything else was returned to me.
Strange, what you are describing sounds odd & maybe not legal, unless the 2 items going to the Museums were classified as Treasure & in which case you should have received a fair market price? (unless you agreed to donate)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange, what you are describing sounds odd & maybe not legal, unless the 2 items going to the Museums were classified as Treasure & in which case you should have received a fair market price? (unless you agreed to donate)
Yes, the two items are classified as treasure. The first item (a silver cufflink with Charles II on it) has gone through the process and my half of the value was donated. I don't know what the farmer has decided on his half. The second item (a gold necklace or bracelet bead) is still being evaluated as to what it is worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread