Super Typhoon hits the Philippines at 200 km / h

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only footage i have seen thus far is what you and Jeff have posted here.

Not been up on the news last few days.
A third-world country, not going to have much of it on local news. Just do a search "Typhoon Odette damage". on google or youtube.

a lot of areas are flooded, a lot of the heavy hit areas are close to beaches, lots of rice fields and agriculture areas are destroyed. Rice is a huge cash group for the local population, First area it hit was a huge surfing and snorkeling tourist area and it is destroyed. Bohol is a huge tourist area, we were there on our last trip in 2019, they were hit hard, a lot of damage to the local economy A large portion of the Philippines depends on tourism and many of those areas were destroyed.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chaotic situation there in the Philippines! ???

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Garbage and rubbish starting to pile up, many areas without power and water. Certain items starting to become scarce, and the rationing of gas, Cebu CIty is Crisis.

Cebu City In Crisis

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garbage and rubbish starting to pile up, many areas without power and water. Certain items starting to become scarce, and the rationing of gas, Cebu CIty is Crisis.

Cebu City In Crisis

I wouldn,t wish that on anyone,sincerely hope they get it under control soon.Those are good people there.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The eye of the typhoon passed just north on my inlaws home maybe 60 miles north of them, it is where I stayed for 3 weeks in 2019. Still waiting to hear how they are, last we heard they were good, most likely the electricity and or internet is out now.

Typhoon went over the Island of Bohol (middle red dot) which is the island we toured while there in 2019. I also spent 3 weeks in Cebu City on Cebu island on a different visit far left dotd, typhoon crossed there too.

Right to left

1st red dot is my in-law's home.

2nd red dot is the Island of Bohol where the chocolate hills are located, we spent 3 days there, exploring caves, chocolate hills and some nice zip lines from the cliffs across the valley and rivers. Lots to see and do, nice bar life and shows outside too.

The 3rd dot is Cebu city, it is a nice large city with lots of things to do.

View attachment 1997054
TH ..Thankfully family is OK..
It seems to me that severe storms are more frequent now all over the world also in places that previously never were

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I'm not mistaken the Philippines get allot of Typhoons .
not sure if most hit unoccupied areas

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff great post ..it’s so sad to hear and see all the destruction that storms bring..I often think that if a rocket can go one million miles in space why can’t something be dropped from a plane to prevent massive changes of weather from developing.
Perhaps not now but the Jetsons and Dick Tracy calling Joe Jitsu years ago seemed unreal also

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH ..Thankfully family is OK..
It seems to me that severe storms are more frequent now all over the world also in places that previously never were
The Philippines is in the path of typhoons like the Caribbean, they always get them every year, but they are not usually a super typhoon which is the same as a cat 5 hurricane. Being a poor country they do not have the infrastructure and FEMA as we do here so it is hard on the local population. They are a very resilient people though, also a very friendly, caring and religious people, my wife's family treat me like a king when I visit.

The Philippines also has some of the most beautiful women in the world. :tongue3:

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the history of severe storms,what,s changed is todays 24 hr.instant reporting any time a severe storm hits any where in the world.I,m not saying that,s bad,but the perception is a lot more of them today.What,s different is we,re more aware of them due to the reporting,not especially that there,s more of them.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the history of severe storms,what,s changed is todays 24 hr.instant reporting any time a severe storm hits any where in the world.I,m not saying that,s bad,but the perception is a lot more of them today.What,s different is we,re more aware of them due to the reporting,not especially that there,s more of them.
Understand I,m not playing down the damage or misery the storms bring.Just commenting on the apparent fact there,s more.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A third-world country, not going to have much of it on local news. Just do a search "Typhoon Odette damage". on google or youtube.

a lot of areas are flooded, a lot of the heavy hit areas are close to beaches, lots of rice fields and agriculture areas are destroyed. Rice is a huge cash group for the local population, First area it hit was a huge surfing and snorkeling tourist area and it is destroyed. Bohol is a huge tourist area, we were there on our last trip in 2019, they were hit hard, a lot of damage to the local economy A large portion of the Philippines depends on tourism and many of those areas were destroyed.

It’s just so sad to see the damage of storms causing this destruction

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff great post ..it’s so sad to hear and see all the destruction that storms bring..I often think that if a rocket can go one million miles in space why can’t something be dropped from a plane to prevent massive changes of weather from developing.
Perhaps not now but the Jetsons and Dick Tracy calling Joe Jitsu years ago seemed unreal also
Since Typhoons Are probably Just Hurricanes there should be something they Could Seed them With to
Change the Pressure inside. I just wonder if no one really wants to end them

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Philippines is in the path of typhoons like the Caribbean, they always get them every year, but they are not usually a super typhoon which is the same as a cat 5 hurricane. Being a poor country they do not have the infrastructure and FEMA as we do here so it is hard on the local population. They are a very resilient people though, also a very friendly, caring and religious people, my wife's family treat me like a king when I visit.

The Philippines also has some of the most beautiful women in the world. :tongue3:
Yes I'm addicted To the Tours Of the Philippians On you tube especially https://www.youtube.com/c/LarryPHWALKING some of the walkways are so narrow
it's hard to believe 2 people can pass, let alone find their way around
the slums are very built up too. must be a boring life. But look like Plenty Of stores Even in them Narrow Walkways.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hopefully scientists in the future will be able to figure out how to prevent these disasters from occurring

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I worked with a few people from the Philippines…very friendly and caring

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked with a few people from the Philippines…very friendly and caring
When my co worker’s returned from the Philippines they got me a beautiful gift

Attachments

• 55C14370-2ABE-43DB-B3CE-627F26DA80E5.jpeg
    55C14370-2ABE-43DB-B3CE-627F26DA80E5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is so much I would bring back from Philippines if I could., I could tile my entire house for about a fifth of what it would cost me here and that is with the best tile you can buy.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is so much I would bring back from Philippines if I could., I could tile my entire house for about a fifth of what it would cost me here and that is with the best tile you can buy.
Hopefully when things get better try to return for a visit

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully when things get better try to return for a visit
Oh we will once this virus crap is over, we went back in 2019.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread