Not open for further replies.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK I have been told more than once that the some of the gold turned in at Tucson, $18,000, has been kept at the Denver mint as from the "Dutchman's Mine". Gold in Rose quartz. The matchbox is white quartz.
Waltzr was supposed to have been the one that turned in the $18,000 to Wells Fargo and caught the East Bound stage.
Waltzr was the one that would ride the Tucson stage to Silly Mountain, and get off and walk in.
Waltz as a US Citizen, could have just filed a claim on his mine.
Why didn't he? Was he Hi grading/claim jumping someone else's claim?
My father told me, "Not all liars are thieves, but all thieves are liars."
We have a "Lot" of suspicion that Waltz was a hi grader when he worked at other mines. Hi Grader = Thief.
So why would we believe any of his "Clues" about his "mine"?

As the Police say "Follow the Money". Where was Waltz's money from his mine?
Does anyone believe that he would just put it in a Candle Box and not spend it? If so why would he do that?
Questions, questions, and no firm answers. That is my problem with Waltz's LDM.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
A true friend would not expect or ask you to lie.

I am not sure that it does any good to brand a person a this or, a that. A liar, a crook. We have all lied, cheated or, stolen something at some point in our lives. Human nature.

Perhaps Brownie found himself when he returned home.
War has a way of changing people.
I am told.

I guess my only question to Clay would be about the Holmes Manuscript... did Brownie ever speak of it?

my guess is he told clay everything...but you would have to ask clay

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
my guess is he told clay everything...but you would have to ask clay

Dave,

I have been told, by those who know him, that you would be wasting your time to ask Clay anything that might relate to his notions as to the location of the LDM. That would include his "partners".

Good luck,

Joe

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave,

I have been told, by those who know him, that you would be wasting your time to ask Clay anything that might relate to his notions as to the location of the LDM. That would include his "partners".

Good luck,

Joe

joe..i have never asked him about the ldm...but if you were to ask him about brownie's character i'm sure he wouldn't have a problem

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
joe..i have never asked him about the ldm...but if you were to ask him about brownie's character i'm sure he wouldn't have a problem

Dave,

I don't think he would either. It's not Clay who seems to be problematic, it's some of the people he puts his trust in, that makes me wonder.

Take care,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal

What I believe about Brownie Holmes character : Loved to take risks , was not gay , lied to save his butt and to those who wanted additional info about LDM , had friends and enemies , so , Brownie was the ideal person for a LDM hunter .

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ha, I learn something new every day.
Gay men make lousy LDM hunters.

Wait, no one has found it yet...

Hal,

There is no shortage of gay LDM hunters. Matter of fact, I think they have some kind of (unnamed) club. Not that there's anything wrong with that.:laughing7: It does make one wonder what the draw is.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, who'd a thunk it. Here's the men for the job. <g>

The He Man Woman Hater's Club.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well, who'd a thunk it. Here's the men for the job. <g>

The He Man Woman Hater's Club.

HAY don't go enlisting some of us into that club just yet! Besides I don't think treasure hunting has anything to do with gender or sexual orientation. Remember that Julia Thomas was arguably the first person to search for the LDM, <Dick Holmes and others attempts to trail Waltz are not quite the same as searching for it after all> and who could forget Celeste Jones? She definitely left her mark on this legend.

There is also a line here, which may seem imperceptible but in researching this topic it is possible to become a Dutch hunter-hunter, researching the Dutch hunters more than the lost mine itself. This may be interesting and historically important in itself of course, but will it help anyone to find the lost mine?

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going to post this earlier but thought better after closer reading of material from the author.
However, I'll go ahead and throw it in the mix for what it's worth.

In answer to Hal's question of where did Ely get his information, Mr Robinson seems to believe that Sims Ely received at least part of his information from Native American sources.

http://www.lost-dutchman.com/dutchman/rrem.htm

"The essential content of chapter 12 ('The Lost Dutchman Mine' Sims Ely, 1953) is a collection of stories garnered from Indian sources (either directly or indirectly) relating accounts that they have supplied regarding the Lost Dutchman mine and other activities (e.g. battles). I think that it was on this wedge shaped mountain that Sims Ely and Jim Bark realized - an epiphany, if you will - that their Indian informants had been more than honest with them and were trying as best they could to share their information but more importantly I think that on that wedge shaped mountain with its substantial trail they realized that the essence which they called the Lost Dutchman Mine was more than a location." (Richard A. Robinson 'Reminiscence' )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread