epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
It's with a heavy heart that I have to tell you all that I heard Surf has passed away, in the 5 years I've known him we had alot of great times talking bottles, and like many people that are friends we butted heads over our political beliefs, but I really did like him alot and I know that he knew that. I'll miss his great research skills most of all and our PM's on the forums we both ran on.

May Heaven be filled with tons of privies and dumps Surf, and also people that are looking for answers to their bottle related questions, you'll be sorely missed in the hobby...

R.I.P. :(

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Damn !!!!! I will certainly miss all of surf's post's !!!!! May he rest in peace,and my condolences to his family. R.I.P

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All his contributions really will be missed, and I always enjoyed his witty comments and pictures. Thank you, Surf, you will be missed!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man this is terrible he's has been such a big help to me since I joined this site 2 years ago. I always looked forward to seeing his responses to My posts wether it was bottles or an other object I found. This is sad news. Dig on brother you'll be missed.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't know what to say.. I sent him a PM last week because i was worried about him. Like epackage, i have been corresponding with him quite a lot. My eyes are filled with tears because he was such an inspiration to me. His knowledge and expertise in the bottle field was truly exceptional. I will miss him. He was a blessing for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences to the family and all feeling this loss. So sad.....

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It wont be the same around here without Surf. I miss him already. I never met him but I know I will be thinking of him when I'm laboring in the old bottle dump.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
This is a loss for us all, but a special loss to us collectors.

No man is an island, entire of itself;
every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.
... any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind,
and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls;
it tolls for thee.

~ John Donne, Meditation XVII

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am at a loss for words...

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like a punch to the chest, to learn this. His knowledgeable help, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and excellent graphic educational aides... all will be so sorely missed. I didn't know him.. We didn't 'PM'. But I followed all his posts- and am deeply saddened at his passing. Yakker

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I think about it, surfs the one that told me to come down to the tnet "basement". It was through his post responses and Pm that got me hooked to glass and digging for it. I never met him in person but I considered him a mentor his advice went pretty far. This is a great forum and we can keep it great. All we have to do is keep collecting and keep digging and ask questions. That's what he would want.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

dansalata

May 16, 2011
porterville calif...
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x,whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh man,surf was a unique and intelligent person and always helping people...i will miss this guy immensly.....R.I.P. brother...

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, this is sad news. I was invited by Surf to post some of our clubs bottle collection and in the brief time that I had to get to know Surf through TN, I found him to be a very helpful person and extremely knowledgable about our hobby.
I wish to express my condolences to Surf's family and friends and rest a sure that his memory will live on.
ZDD

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sorry to hear about your digging buddy passing. My heart wishing go out to you . Rip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions