Surprise

Pirateofthewaste

Dec 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Huntter,VFL,win best and bounty hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well to day i go down to my basement to find water spewing every were. Thankfully we got it under control. In the process of this I saw what looked like something metal out of the corner of my eye in a dark an dusty crevasse of the basement an out came this, I think it is a horseshoe that some one welded the center bar on but I am not 100% sure,

Attachments

• IMG_5402.JPG
    IMG_5402.JPG
    686.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5403.JPG
    IMG_5403.JPG
    807.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5404.JPG
    IMG_5404.JPG
    580.5 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 2
Thats cool I wonder why they welded the cross piece on?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think those type were for use on ice or in icy weather

I'm not 100% sure, but I think those type were for use on ice or in icy weather

That would make sense with all the crazy snow an weather up here. Wonder how long it was up there.

Much harder to toss a ringer with the bar welded in the center ! ( "if the shoe fits - wear it " ! )

Pirate, very nice relic. We have dug a couple of simular style here in central Ohio.I am not sure why the extra steel is there, but it sure makes them a bit more interesting. Congrats. Keep Swinging!

Pirate, very nice relic. We have dug a couple of simular style here in central Ohio.I am not sure why the extra steel is there, but it sure makes them a bit more interesting. Congrats. Keep Swinging!

Thank you all.
I live in Illinois so it may be because of the snow that there made that way. I grew up in Arkansas around horses but I haven't ever seen this before

Nice discovery! Seems to have brought you luck fixing the leak too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back