Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary (G.A.P. Metal) and I got together for the forth week in a row and spent a few hours scouring over one of Gary's favorite sites. Gary really tore it up with his new T2 LTD but he did leave me some stuff. The best was a single piece embossed button (don't know buttons) with a concave back side with a very heavy eyelet. It appears to say Cold Color ? on the reverse as well as some smaller unreadable print. The next find was a round call with a very slight flat spot. The next find was a steel ring with a split, not sure what that would have been used for because of it's size. I have found several larger ones like it. Last but not least in a flat stock which Gary thought could possibly be a long arm trigger, and I have to agree that it's possible. Please chime in with your thoughts. The coin is modern and was a plant by someone picking on Gary. Thanks for looking & Happy Hunting md finds 022.JPG md finds 024.JPG md finds 021.JPG mdfinds2 005.JPG mdfinds2 002.JPG mdfinds2 003.JPG mdfinds2 004.JPG md finds 041.JPG md finds 042.JPG

Upvote 4

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Greg
I missed this post, and wondered what that button looked like,and that is one of the nicest button to come out of that field even some Gilt on the front.
Are you going to clean the back better so we can read the back marks ?
Also nice find on the musket ball,your a natural at hunting relics.
That site is better in dryer weather.
Gary

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That button is pretty darned nice! Don't recall seeing one so heavily made.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its good to have good friends Inspector, nice cast button,not a type of button that is commonly found,HH-Gl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread