Sweet camera and a bag o money....

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet camera and a bag o' money....

Yesterdays finds... Another sweet camera and a bag o' money! Well, a small bag with not much in it :'( I decided to do a quick scan on a local swimming hole yesterday evening and found these in the deep water while snorkeling. The last pictures taken by the camera show some pretty drunk people pounding beer and were taken a week ago. Ya gotta love cleaning up the lost stuff from the booze hounds :laughing7:. The camera is another Olympus Stylus HD Underwater camera like the one I have been using that I found last year. It has a 16GB disk in it so I can shoot 4 hours of HD movie now or take 2300 14meg pictures. The cameras get better each year! I will post up some shots on the "Camera Found" website to see if anyone claims the camera this year. In the meantime, I'll put it to use....

Attachments

• P8270002.JPG
    P8270002.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 992
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Sweet camera and a bag o' money....

You really amaze/amuse me with your finds AC, keep do what youre doin buddy!

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009

Such an annoyance having to wait for the town drunks to drop their cameras and gas money so you can upgrade your equipment! :laughing7: You need to tell them to just buy you a state of the art set and you'll leave their's where you foiund 'em! Great haul.

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thats fantastic.. Finding a completely usable digital camera underwater... and some loot to boot!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

DMN said:
Such an annoyance having to wait for the town drunks to drop their cameras and
gas money so you can upgrade your equipment!
:laughing7:
You need to tell them to just buy you a state of the art set and you'll leave theirs where you found 'em! Great haul.

Now that's funny!!! :laughing9:

You're much more honest then I am AC!
If it were me . . . I'd have already spent the "found money" on an eBay ad to sell the camera to the highest bidder! :laughing7:

You're a good man! :thumbsup:
Dave

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Countrybob71 said:
Very cool! How much money ended up being in the bag?

Hey AC,
Don't tell us. Instead, you could hold a contest. Let everyone guess how much money is in the bag. Second place would get the camera and first place would get that little old silver coin find you made!! :thumbsup:
My guess is $7.12.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

$2.13.......thanks for donating the camera for a prize. :laughing7:

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice piece of technology. Maybe it will find its owner / mabe it wont. Mine came up "missing" on a trip south of the U.S. one time, now I write my name and # on everything. I like it!!!

Keep It Up. MJ

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MichiganJay said:
Nice piece of technology. Maybe it will find its owner / mabe it wont. Mine came up "missing" on a trip south of the U.S. one time, now I write my name and # on everything. I like it!!!

Keep It Up. MJ

Another thing you can do with a digital camera is take a picture of a paper with all of your contact information on it, and then "lock" that photo on the camera so it can't be erased. I've found cameras with photos of couples "locked" on, but that will only work if a friend finds it. Of course, I haven't taken my own advice yet, but one day... I'm very grateful to Olympus for their waterproof digital cameras. Only a few years ago, I'd find only regular cameras in zip lock bags. They were always toast. But now, most of them are Olympus waterproof cameras (that sink) and still work fine. As far as the money in the bag... it won't even buy a gallon of gas. A six pack of cheap beer maybe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread