Sweet little pocket spill

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the morning hiking through some very, very rough terrain with little to show for it...not a single coin, despite walking over two miles. It happens.

Pulled out and hit a way, way too obvious park...need to unstress and needed open space to find all the brambles I'd been impaled by. Just a few minutes in and get a nice penny ID right up against a root...instead pulled a 1910-D barber dime. Not to far away I dug up a sweet little pocket spill, 4 wheats (1912-1944) and a merc.

Just amazed at the silver in worked over parks in 2K8...sure not as good as the "old days" by it's STILL out there.

Attachments

• ps.jpg
    ps.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 488
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you were rewarded handsomly after a rough start. I'm happy for ya, those are some nice coins!

WTG :thumbsup:
Nat

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Great find. I haven't found a silver coin since 2006. If I ever find a Barber, I'll need new underwear.

Mike

OP
OP
diamondjim

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about lack of silver out west there...sort of like I wish for old coppers...do find large cents here, but not the older colonial stuff of the east.

This barber sort of surprised me though, near by parks have produced barbers in the past, but this one only rosies, I had considered it to be a newer build than some of the others, but a merc and a barber...too weird. Maybe need to rethink the history of some of these places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions