St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,
Got permission to hunt a neighbor's yard today. Her house was built in 1920. I was all over it!! At first I was finding a lot of memorials and then the SR-71 in the pix. Finally a wheat, this gave me some optimism for more. The signal led me to believe it was another Lincoln I was surprised to find a 1943 Merc. After a couple of more wheats, I got a nickel signal that was jumping a little I was happy to see a silver war nickel emerge. Starting to get dark and I only had my sunglasses with cheaters built in it was getting harder to see what was going on. One more silver/Lincoln tone at about 5 inches, why not dig it!!! Looked to be a silver dime, too dirty to tell. I put it in my pocket to clean up at home. Boy was I pumped up when I saw the "one dime" on the coin when I pulled it out. This is my 2nd Barber Dime and just so happens to be another 1903. Also found $1.16 in clad.
Great way to start the new year!!!
Good hunting everyone and thanks for looking!
Bunker

Attachments

• 1 Jan 11 Finds.jpg
    1 Jan 11 Finds.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 446
  • 1903 Barber Dime 1-1-11.jpg
    1903 Barber Dime 1-1-11.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 449
  • 1903 Barber Back 1-1-11.jpg
    1903 Barber Back 1-1-11.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 1943 Merc 1-1-11.jpg
    1943 Merc 1-1-11.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 447
Upvote 0
nice start indeed. love the SR71.

the 3 on that merc looks funky. maybe a misstrike? never found one myself so not sure, maybe they are all like that.

Looks like a big waste of time with that SR-71 in there, surely you are not going to go back.............Ummmm, where exactly is this place?

Nice finds there, & a wide selection too. As far as the 43 being a mis strike I think the only 43 with a error is a re-punch on the s mint mark. I hope u find more upon your return.

WTG
just got to love those Merc's

Thanks everyone, think I am going back tomorrow. Will let you know.
Bunker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back