Swimmin hole treasure

SKIDMLD

Jan 10, 2006
East Tennessee
This bracelet is marked Italy, 14k and the clasp is stamped 585. The ring is junk, and the ear ring has no markings but is a nice gold color. I was paying attention to all signals. my detector made a little noise and i raked the ground with my foot. it was right on top of the ground and looked like a strip of foil. I picked it up to put in my pouch and saw that it was a bracelet. I eyeballed the ear ring. It won't register on my detector

Attachments

• bracelet.jpg
    bracelet.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,166
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Who needs a detector when you can just eyeball the stuff? Nice finds!

P

Pentico

Gold is a great way to start the year!
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Gods speed in 09

DN

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That looks like a great bracelet, and gold too! WTG!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Gotta be more gold there, hope you get to it!

Steve

OP
OP
S

SKIDMLD

Jan 10, 2006
East Tennessee
Thanks for the replies.
I forgot to mention that the bracelet had been repaired. That black spot is where it has been tied together.
thanks
Larry

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Larry, Very nice bracelet find. What kind of detector are you using. You said the earring wouldn't
show up on your detector. Maybe you are using to much discrimination. I know the ACE 250 has
a hard time finding rings in the Discrimination mode, but if you switch it over to the Jewelry mode,
Bam!, up comes the rings and other jewelry.

HH, Ringfinder

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
excellent job on the bracelet....also check that earring out a little closer...looks gold to me...the marking is usualy on the part that goes through the ear...may not be but looks like it to me....congrats on the good day

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Yes, nice gold find. How much does it weigh?

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 532
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 534

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty-Graw said:
excellent job on the bracelet....also check that earring out a little closer...looks gold to me...the marking is usualy on the part that goes through the ear...may not be but looks like it to me....congrats on the good day

Yeah, and if you are like me you will need a magnifying glass to see it, lol... ;D

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
S

SKIDMLD

Jan 10, 2006
East Tennessee
Ringfinder, I am using a Whites Classic ID. I did a bench test with the discrimination all the way down and got no signal with the whites and very little signal with my Terso Sidewinder. They both sound off loud and clear on rings
Marty Graw, you were right. It is marked on the part that goes through the ear. It's so tiny that I could barley make it out even with my magnifier. It is 14k and I was in the store last night and saw a similar pair that was 80 bucks. I have no way to weigh it so I don't know how much it weighs.
thanks to all for the info
Larry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread