Swinging in the briars - There will be blood!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after digging the Eagle button under the briars a few days ago; I decided to bring a few tools with me today to clear out the area a bit so I could swing. After 20 minutes of whacking away at briars and giving blood I was ready to swing. :tongue1:
I think my efforts were worth it. I ended up with the 3-ringer, buttons, a 60 cent clad pocket spill, my first ever percussion caps at this property, and another bullet I was hoping someone could ID for me. It is chewed on as you can see so it may be tough to ID. The base is too thick to be a Williams Cleaner, and the band on the side is wider than the 3-ringers I dig. Any ideas?
As you can tell by the tiny button, two caps, and a tiny cut piece of lead, the Vaquero loves finding the tiny stuff.
Thanks for looking, :thumbsup:
MM

Attachments

• MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,475
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,488
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,524
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,524
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,532
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,525
Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Swinging in the brairs - There will be blood!

Way to go!!! :thumbsup: Did you take a gas weed eater? LOL Breezie

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Breezie said:
Way to go!!! :thumbsup: Did you take a gas weed eater? LOL Breezie

Breezie,
I think gas and a match would have been the best idea. I went in Amish style with a wood handled tool. :o
What blood type are you, I may need a donor. :tongue3:
-Dug-

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

nice job! well worth the blood shed :thumbsup: but,just think it's only a drop compared to what the soldiers shed who held those bullets :wink:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
nice job! well worth the blood shed :thumbsup: but,just think it's only a drop compared to what the soldiers shed who held those bullets :wink:

Funny you mentioned that. I was thinking (rare) after I dug those percussion caps how tough that must have been for those guys try to load and reload their rifles just to get one shot off. Unbelievable!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Woodland Detectors said:
You did pretty good Doug! Looks like a couple underwear buttons, and some nice lead bud. See you next week. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Mike.
I think that Robinsons underwear button may be my best underwear button so far. Very well built. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to detecting with you clowns. :icon_jokercolor:
-Dug-

cwhunter_1

Feb 2, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab se pro, white oldy, tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It might be a type 1 Williams cleaner, they had a wide base. Nice finds anyway. :icon_thumright:

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

that was hard work but it paid off nicely.hope Quindy might be able to id bullet.i have seen one before i think.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cwhunter_1 said:
It might be a type 1 Williams cleaner, they had a wide base. Nice finds anyway. :icon_thumright:

Thanks CW.
Here is a picture of a type 1, 2 , & 3, but it just doesn't looks like any of these. :icon_scratch: One of the ring sizes on mine looks wider than the other rings. :dontknow:
-MM-

Attachments

• Y1012A.jpg
    Y1012A.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,439
M

MiniMe

Is it a 50 Cal. Gallager :dontknow: Kinda looks like one. I'm no expert that's for sure, just taking a guess. :-[

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rebelrouser said:
that was hard work but it paid off nicely.hope Quindy might be able to id bullet.i have seen one before i think.

Thanks RR.
I called that old coot today but he was out of town. Probably buying more goats. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-MM-

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I go to Atlanta for one day and you turn into Vampire bait-LOL. I told you there was more relics hiding there. Nice finds MM. I bet you look like you have been sacking Tom cats-LOL. Beat the bushes some more and see what shakes out there. Q.

Bell

Jan 13, 2011

Great finds Dug. Hopefully its some rare cs bullet like I got at my spot which I hope to find more of tomorow. We need to get out and hunt sometime. Congrats.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Minime said:
Is it a 50 Cal. Gallager :dontknow: Kinda looks like one. I'm no expert that's for sure, just taking a guess. :-[

Minime said:

Thanks Mini,
Sure does look a lot alike. :icon_scratch: Thanks for that link. Me finding an unusual bullet is a big day for me. I usually only find the .58 cal dropped 3-ringers, Williams Cleaners, and occasionally an Enfield and musket ball. :thumbsup:
-MM-

VOL1266-X said:
I go to Atlanta for one day and you turn into Vampire bait-LOL. I told you there was more relics hiding there. Nice finds MM. I bet you look like you have been sacking Tom cats-LOL. Beat the bushes some more and see what shakes out there. Q.

I took your advice on cutting down some of those briars and it paid off. :thumbsup: There are other larger section right by that area too, but I would need bigger equipment to handle those. :(
Thanks Q,
Dug

Bell said:
Great finds Dug. Hopefully its some rare cs bullet like I got at my spot which I hope to find more of tomorow. We need to get out and hunt sometime. Congrats.

What bullet did you find?
Congrats,
Dug

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:-X Don't ya just hate the briars. My arms are all scratched up from them too. :P Doesn't look very pretty. :D We may have to hire Quindy to get out there on the tractor and cut all that bad stuff down! ;D I found a button just like that Friday, but I think it says something different than yours. WTG on the finds! :icon_pirat:

Nana :wink:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana40 said:
:-X Don't ya just hate the briars. My arms are all scratched up from them too. :P Doesn't look very pretty. :D We may have to hire Quindy to get out there on the tractor and cut all that bad stuff down! ;D I found a button just like that Friday, but I think it says something different than yours. WTG on the finds! :icon_pirat:

Nana :wink:

Thanks Nana.
I knew Quindy would come in handy eventually. :laughing9: :thumbsup:
It may take him a few weeks to get here from Tenn on that tractor though. :tongue3:
-Dug-

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

This post proves it. There's always more stuff out there. Great finds! I've had some spots that after you get permission, and you walk through a few thickets of briers, you want to go back to the property owner and ask "Would you mind if I set fire to the back section of your property?" :laughing9:

HH!! :hello:
Cm2db

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I want to congratulate you on your finds. I understand the effort you put in to hunt. NOW I think I did a no no. You have some items that I found on the Chisholm Cattle Trail and I tossed them away. I found four copper or brass items that were split and curled like what you have. Are they percussion caps?

Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread