Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found your question confusing. I have a F75 which is close to a T2. Your T2 has better Iron Disc Im told as you have a wider range to pick from. While I can put the F75 in High Gain mode while in Disc settings. The All Metal mode is definitely deeper. I actually flip back and forth when id'ing a target to speed up my finds. You may just have to search on all metal then switch over to disc when your searching. FYI I run disc 4, and notch 0, in disc mode. Good Luck.

OP
OP
joe_dirt

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found your question confusing. I have a F75 which is close to a T2. Your T2 has better Iron Disc Im told as you have a wider range to pick from. While I can put the F75 in High Gain mode while in Disc settings. The All Metal mode is definitely deeper. I actually flip back and forth when id'ing a target to speed up my finds. You may just have to search on all metal then switch over to disc when your searching. FYI I run disc 4, and notch 0, in disc mode. Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure how to clarify my question. There's all metal mode, which is deeper and disc mode, which has the tone setting I like. I was wondering if I turn disc all the way down to 0 isn't that like being in all metal since you're not discriminating anything out?

mainliner

Greenie
Feb 4, 2013
Chambersburg Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question. I also like the tone settings in Discrimination mode. I hunt trashy areas so I keep disc level around 40. What I don't like is the delay in disc,, have to slow down the sweep. I have noticed that when the disc level is turned down closer to 0, tone response is quicker. That tells me there should be little difference between all metal and discriminate. Sounds like you need to bury something 10 to 12 inches and compare the settings.

Keep us informed.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the T2 is like the F75, yes turn the disc down to "0". As you disc things out you may be notching things in. I have notch and a disc setting on Discriminate mode. All metal mode is not affected by these settings as they are on the opposite side of the screen. All metal is deep, and Stat mode if you have it is even more deeper. I usually have to turn the sensitivity down to 30 to get the machine to act right as its too sensitive. When Im out of town I can crank it all the way up and control the chatter with threshold settings. Big Boys Detectors on here has a great read on the T2/F75 and you may want to visit his site.

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Joe, I use the T2 and love 2+/0 disc too. I don't see much more depth in allmetal, I know I'm s'posed to....I just don't. What I do see in allmetal is a ton of hot rocks. Good luck to you, C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread