Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hungry?

I love tacos

Which is your favorite food? View attachment 2089143
Anchovy pizza loaded with hot peppers: cayennes, serranos or habaneras is my #1. Hot wings would be #2. I like good tacos too; Al pastor with roasted onions and peppers on corn tortillas. Those look pretty good. I’m guessing, lengua, barbacoa, carne asada y polla.

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Anchovy pizza loaded with hot peppers: cayennes, serranos or habaneras is my #1. Hot wings would be #2. I like good tacos too; Al pastor with roasted onions and peppers on corn tortillas. Those look pretty good. I’m guessing, lengua, barbacoa, carne asada y polla.
I also love pizza with shrimps, tuna and smoke oysters.

Barbacoa is one of these tacos, you fail in other four, but mentioned some other delicious options. Vivan los tacos 😋

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I give you all due for having the right to eat that...your'e not right in the head or stomach. I would be DRT if I tried that.

Now the pizza, from Campisi's in Dallas on Mockingbird? Yeah, I'll buy one if we meet up there.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
While I give you all due for having the right to eat that...your'e not right in the head or stomach. I would be DRT if I tried that.

Now the pizza, from Campisi's in Dallas on Mockingbird? Yeah, I'll buy one if we meet up there.
My stomach gets mad at me sometimes. As I get older I eat more carefully. But my garden has habaneras and chiltepin peppers. Take care my friend!

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stomach gets mad at me sometimes. As I get older I eat more carefully. But my garden has habaneras and chiltepin peppers. Take care my friend!
How did you get the chiltepin to grow???I was told a bird has to eat them and pass the seeds for them to grow…

Ed T

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
How did you get the chiltepin to grow???I was told a bird has to eat them and pass the seeds for them to grow…

Ed T
A friend gave me a tiny plant in 2009. I still have it: 14 years olds. I start new plants from seeds every few years to keep the strain alive. The attached photo is as follows: (left to right) 14 year old original plant, 2 that were started from seed indoors this February. I always heard the bird thing too. Must be a story from uña esposa vieja. Old wive’s tale. If you look closely, the far right plant is flowering.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
A friend gave me a tiny plant in 2009. I still have it: 14 years olds. I start new plants from seeds every few years to keep the strain alive. The attached photo is as follows: (left to right) 14 year old original plant, 2 that were started from seed indoors this February. I always heard the bird thing too. Must be a story from uña esposa vieja. Old wive’s tale. If you look closely, the far right plant is flowering.
Also, they are called bird peppers because birds do help deposit the seeds. Also called bird’s eye peppers due to their small diameter; similar in size to the eye of a small bird.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations…I have even heard tales of some Americans going down to Mexico who have tried to get them to grow…I personally buy mine in Mexico when I go on vacation and bring them back…A small amount of them goes a long way…

Ed T

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Congratulations…I have even heard tales of some Americans going down to Mexico who have tried to get them to grow…I personally buy mine in Mexico when I go on vacation and bring them back…A small amount of them goes a long way…

Ed T
Most of mine get dried, then crushed in my molcajete. I use a recipe from Las Vegas, NM. It is called Toasted Chile Pequin Salsa. The lady who created it is Tonie Apodaca. I never met her, but I love her recipe. I got it while traveling through that town. It is simple, and so delicious.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of mine get dried, then crushed in my molcajete. I use a recipe from Las Vegas, NM. It is called Toasted Chile Pequin Salsa. The lady who created it is Tonie Apodaca. I never met her, but I love her recipe. I got it while traveling through that town. It is simple, and so delicious.
I don’t use them in salsas…Though I love them in caldo de res or caldo de pollo…I usually crush 4 or 5 of them between my fingers into the soup…But I have learned to be very careful going to the bathroom afterwards…Of course I had to learn this the hard way…lol…One day I will buy me one of those little wooden pestles they have made especially for these Chile Pequín…

Ed T

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I don’t use them in salsas…Though I love them in caldo de res or caldo de pollo…I usually crush 4 or 5 of them between my fingers into the soup…But I have learned to be very careful going to the bathroom afterwards…Of course I had to learn this the hard way…lol…One day I will buy me one of those little wooden pestles they have made especially for these Chile Pequín…

Ed T
Sí, yo tengo el caca del fuego también.🔥☄️🧨 Here is a picture of the ones I have from last year. Almost gone!

Attachments

• IMG_1418.jpeg
    IMG_1418.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 9

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sí, yo tengo el caca del fuego también.🔥☄️🧨 Here is a picture of the ones I have from last year. Almost gone!
I was talking about whipping it out to go pee…lol

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

These are the ones I am talking about…I don’t think they are pequinés…I have been unsuccessful at getting them to sprout from seeds…They are chiltepin…

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is an example of a grinder I am going to buy on my next trip…I don’t think it will be one with a donkey head though…

Ed T

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+

These are the ones I am talking about…I don’t think they are pequinés…I have been unsuccessful at getting them to sprout from seeds…They are chiltepin…

Ed T

Yes. According to my friends, pequin means little in Spanish. Any little pepper gets lumped into that category. Like “sandwich” in English. It is a general category; lots of different choices. Same with pequin. These are the official chiltepins. Verified by friends who came from “Del Rio” TX.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread