Tag and V

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
081515Tag.jpg

Love the items with local history. This one is a bit rough. Will have to throw it in the tumbler. I think the second two words may say "Opera House". We shall see.

081515Finds.jpg

Today's Digs...

Baggage Tag
1907 V-Nickel
(2) IHPs 1891, 1900
U.S. Military Pin (?)
(2) Wheatbacks 1909, 1944

Not sure what the other item is. Appears to be made of lead. But the cut-out has to be man made. Any ideas?

PBS

Upvote 6
Great finds, and I too love finding things with history that you have to research.

Looks like a luggage tag! Very nice find...please show a pic when it's cleaned up. I luv dug luggage tags. :thumbsup:

Sweet baggage claim, coat, luggage check, etc.
I'd be afraid to tumble, seeing the exposed area makes me think that the brass might be too brittle.
I would start off with a little brass brush rubbing, and go from there.
But whatever you do, we'd love to see the end results.
I've been on a bit of a baggage claim, relic spurt as well, been finding a couple of them as well as brass
items that are the same size and shape.
But not as cool as yours.
Kudos!
Carl

I'd drop it in some warm/hot peroxide first. That should gently clean it up. Tumbler also gave me the willies (or is it woolies). :laughing7:

HEY SEATED . NICE TAG WAIT TO SEE WHAT IT SAYS ON IT. .NICE ONE.

WTG, nice finds.

Congrats on those nice finds. :occasion14: The lead piece is a drape weight, and yes the U.S. is a military pin.

Congrats on those nice finds. :occasion14: The lead piece is a drape weight, and yes the U.S. is a military pin.

Thanks for the ID on the lead piece.

PBS

The drape weight is also more commonly known as a hem weight. Many bear a number indicating size.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back