mellowcheddar

Aug 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Takin' it to the Streets

Hello all!
Here's one for you:
We all know how persnickety the ACE 250 can be, and that's got a lot to do with this post. I have found in my adventures with this machine that the placement of the wires going up the shaft is a real factor in whether or not you're going to take home anything worth bragging about. But all that aside, here's my deal: Can anybody think of a way to bind it up (being broken down into 1/2's) and fasten it to one's self? Like a jury-rigged strap of some sort? I am becoming an avid urban cyclist and would love to leave the car at the house and take the Ace out for some afternoon delight. (Interpret that as you will.) I take a satchel with me when I go hunting but that's not big enough to put it in. Plus if I stop in the store on the way home I'm sure as hell not leaving it with the bike! (Although when someone broke into my car this summer they decided to leave it in the trunk! Ha!)
Please enjoy my crappy doodle trying to illustrate my 'vision'. The view is imagined from the back, and no I do not sag my pants. ;D Michaelangelo I ain't!
~Mellowcheddar

Attachments

• detector carrier illustration #1.jpg
    detector carrier illustration #1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 274

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: Takin' it to the Streets

I often take the ACE 250/sniper Coil combo with me on hunts in the woods as a backup to my GTI 2500. What I have done in the past, is put a long wide (adjustable length) strap on the ACE, attaching one end to the hand grip, which will sit on my shoulder and the other at the coil. The detector sits on your back, and the strap goes across your chest. With the right tension on the strap, you should easily be able to sit on your bike and travel. Another idea would be to attach the ACE to the horizontal structural tubing in front of your seat, and have the coil sticking out sightly in front of your bike.

Anyhow, let us know what works for you. I have often thought of putting together a kit which would allow one to take a second metal detector along on a hunt, and selling it.

OP
OP
mellowcheddar

mellowcheddar

Aug 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Hmmm
So would the shafts be looped thru something or just held by the tension?
Thank you so much for looking at this. Not often you have to bump something mon this site, everybody always has 2 cents to throw in!
Happy New Year, and I like the thing you have on the bottom that mentions that this is a hobby & meant to be enjoyed! Someday I WILL find Buried Treasure! ;D
~Mellowcheddar

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver

Why not break it down and set it like a flyfishing outfit. That would be rather easy.

LT

OP
OP
mellowcheddar

mellowcheddar

Aug 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Is that where they wear some vest or something? Enlighten me here. :icon_scratch:
~Mellowcheddar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread