Trouble with Static in Headphones with 250

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm using Koss headphones(with earflaps) with my 250. Today I started getting slight static over the headset. I checked the connection, wiped off some dirt, pulled it(the plug) out, listened to targets without headphones(sounded fine), pluged back in, everything seemed fine for a while and then it started up again. Its not continueous, just enough to be aggravating. I thought it might be interference from my cell phone in my front pocket, or a low battery on the detector(it showed 3 bars), or mud on the coil. The detector is only a month old as well as the earphones. Does anyone have this problem or can offer suggestions?

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
The best way to find the problem is to use a different set of phones with the 250. No static would mean your old phones are at fault.

OP
OP
MayberryMonte

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The phones that came with it are like cheap stereo headphones. The Koss ran about $40 and have volume control but I'll check with another set.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I haven't heard one problem with any Ace having a scratchy audio. But you never know. Try a different set. Let us know.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it is the simple things that mess up the fun....If it is the phones you should think about investing is a premium set of phones like Grey Ghosts, Jolly Roger, Killr Bee's or Black Widow. I use the Black Widow and there is a very real difference in the way the sound comes thru, plus these are extra comfortable for long wear.

Attachments

• blackwidowfull (WinCE).jpg
    blackwidowfull (WinCE).jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 144
  • blackwidowfull (WinCE).jpg
    blackwidowfull (WinCE).jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 142

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few months ago I tried out my son's Ace 250 with a set of Headphones. At first I couldn't hear anything then after cleaning the connection I got an erratic noise. A friend gave me a set of headphones that he had and kaboom the Ace worked perfect with them. I use the headphones that Garrett sells with the volume control. I believe my old set had a false somewhere. They were several years old and had been thrown around a lot.

Good luck. I hope that the headphones are the only problem. You are going to love the Ace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread