Taking my new AT Pro wireless

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm new here and have done some lurking reading up on wireless headphones for md's.

Seems like everything I've read on here has been discontinued in the states. And what I have found online is only from overseas. Don't care much to buy that stuff and wait forever etc etc.
Ran across the airheadz and what not and just way to much money for the technology in them.

Kept looking and finally came across these harman akg kleer wireless set. Granted they are more than the tdk's and rapoo's. But I can purchase them in the states with a warranty. Plus the specs look pretty legit. Especially the battery life.

So going to order these and give them a shot. I'm surprised I've not seen them mentioned on the forum.

AKG K840KL On-Ear Wireless Headphone - Black:Amazon:Electronics

Upvote 0

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be interesting if they meet expectations while being used detecting. I would like to handle a pair first. And welcome to tnet, you'll enjoy the AT Pro.

OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that they will. Everyone I've seen just about likes the cheap rapoo's and the tdk's for the most part.

I don't see why a higher quality set wouldn't suffice just as well if not better. But from my searching if you want a rf set that you can buy here in the states that's about all I have found. I first saw them on fry's website then did some more searching around. If the battery really lasts as long as specs show that will be amazing.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Love the at pro just need to find some places for my father and I to hunt.

steveo40

May 10, 2014
Here are a couple of pics of my wireless mod. I love the at pro and I am using the kleer sennheiser rs160 headphones. The sound is slightly higher pitch than the stock headphones but still three distinct tones and no lag plus there is no auto shutoff . They weigh less also and are the around the ear style. I close the enclosed style so I can still hunt in the rain. I don't think I will try them in the water though, I don't trust the container to be 100% waterproof. I got them off Amazon for around $130. The battery life is amazing. Good luck

ForumRunner_20140511_164113.png

ForumRunner_20140511_164130.png

OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I checked those out. Just didn't like the size of that transmitter. Yeah it's really not hard to waterproof stuff. Some PVC and some marsh marine connectors and a small dry box for the transmitter really all you need. I've water proofed a lot of stuff back in my kayaking days.

I already have a few inline volume control just in case. And the garrett aux cord. When I get it set up in a week or so I'll post some pics

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I use an AT Pro. At first I used no headset at all, just the speaker on the machine. I have now switched because of the subtle nature of the tones in pro mode. I just hate the headphones and the cord. The headphone are way too hot for use in the South. Sweat rolls out of them!

I have the Garrett cord, and an adapter (which makes it a 3.5mm) and earbuds with a volume control. It works, but that cord is just a nitemare. I am always all caught up in the cord.

I have the Rapoo on order... it's been on order for a couple of weeks now. I hope that I will like that better.

I am so frustrated by that cord, that I am considering another machine.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an AT Pro. At first I used no headset at all, just the speaker on the machine. I have now switched because of the subtle nature of the tones in pro mode. I just hate the headphones and the cord. The headphone are way too hot for use in the South. Sweat rolls out of them!

I have the Garrett cord, and an adapter (which makes it a 3.5mm) and earbuds with a volume control. It works, but that cord is just a nitemare. I am always all caught up in the cord.

I have the Rapoo on order... it's been on order for a couple of weeks now. I hope that I will like that better.

I am so frustrated by that cord, that I am considering another machine.

Depending on your skillset this may be helpful..
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...reless-headphones-stuff-you-already-have.html

OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cord isn't bad at all. Run it under the grip and down the handle to the cuff. Rap in electrical tape and problem solved.

I didn't want to wait and wanted something more so ordered the ones posted above.

It just about all ends up overseas but I don't prefer to send it directly to them by buying products. I at least want a business in the US to get some kinda cut.

I think I will enjoy this set up tremendously. Hoping it shows better response time than the tdk's and the rapoo's.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Airscapes. Unfortunately, my skillset does include the ability to build electronics. The truth being that I am too lazy to try.

I have almost convinced myself to just buy an XP Deus.

OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got my akg's in sound amazing and no lag at all.. wouldnt quite work at first added a cheap inline volume control and boom perfect.. hooked it all up and electric taped adapter to my shaft under my arm. plug it in and velcro it under arm cuff ready to rock..

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just got my Rapoo 3070's and set them up on the AT PRO, I haven't had the chance to use them in a hunt yet.
They have volume control built in and the transmitter is small.
I'l take a pic of my set up but basically I already had a 1/8 adaptor in the headphone socket so now it plugs right in.
I went with the Rapoo for 3 reasons, firstly, they have a very thin headband so my brimmed hat still fits without a problem
2) They have a volume adjustment on the headset
3) Price was good

My first impression is they are very comfortable and light, but the sound is way way different than the Garrett or the ear buds I was running, it's alot more bass and not as sharp, but lag is great, couldn't find any on a coin test.

MikeT.

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my new AT Pro :headbang: so far so good! Has anyone used it in salt water yet?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just received my new AT Pro :headbang: so far so good! Has anyone used it in salt water yet?

Works OK in white wet sand and salt water at Myrtle Beach. GB often and lower sense a notch or two if chatty. It does not like the black sand beaches. My GB was at 11 and I found a plat and gold ring and a silver ankle bracelet at Myrtle. Good luck!

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, have used mine in salt a few times. Make sure you ground balance, mine doesn't like salt and black sand together, very hard to get a solid balance.
On the wireless front, have hunted a couple of times on the beach and in the park with the wireless Rapoos. So far they are super comfy, no leads is awsome, but they do have some lag. This isn't really an issue because I swing way too fast and it's highlighted this so i slowed a little.
When a target is found, they are fine and pin point just the same as the Garrett wired headphones.

MikeT.

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do find myself digging pull tabs alot i dont want to miss out on the gold lol

MikeT.

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my AT Pro doesnt like the black sand either, i find that if i auto gb more in those areas it rings true ... as long as it doesnt touch the sand

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my AT Pro doesnt like the black sand either, i find that if i auto gb more in those areas it rings true ... as long as it doesnt touch the sand

What do you mean by "Auto gb" I thought you had to manually GB by holding down the GB button and pumping up and down with the unit. Is there another method?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you mean by "Auto gb" I thought you had to manually GB by holding down the GB button and pumping up and down with the unit. Is there another method?

That is auto GB. Kinda has a bit of a manual part to it. :) you can also raise or lower the GB manually.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a moment there I thought you had some secret GB system :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread