travelingjack1

Apr 5, 2010
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
000_0606.JPG
Well theres not much of a tale, but I made you look. :laughing9: This was actually my third trip out with my new detectors to a heavily hunted freshwater beach off lake Erie. I haven't had alot of time to hunt anywere good and when I do it seems like a 2 hour drive. :icon_scratch:
I got to the beach at 5 am when the park opened and headed to the volley ball courts. There were 6 of them. I think someone hit them the evening before i got there because the pickens were slim. :help: I could tell because i found 31 cents... :laughing9: I got to the next to the last court and heard a low tone and i dug up a toe ring with a little saphire looking gem in it. Then just 1 coil swing later I hit a earring. I finished up the last court and headed to a spot were people wash there feet off on the courts and i hit a high tone, and It was the grooved silver toe ring. :headbang: Its my first jewelry finds with my Excalibur's. I'm not sure if the rings are good or junk, they both passed the magnet test, but neither are stamped. I was hoping the toe ring with the gem was white gold as it was a low tone. Someday I'll buy a tester and check it. I also found a gob of something melted its either a chunk of silver or flux. It doesn't bend very easy, and its to hard and heavy too be foil. Thanks for viewing. HH!​
000_0605.JPG 000_0613.JPG

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to treasurenet and congrats on the rings!!!

The unidentified item looks like melted aluminum can,that what happens when you toss a can into a fire!!!

OP
OP
travelingjack1

travelingjack1

Apr 5, 2010
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug and Red said:
Welcome to treasurenet and congrats on the rings!!!

The unidentified item looks like melted aluminum can,that what happens when you toss a can into a fire!!!

Hi, Chug & Red :hello: thanks for the welcome and appreciate the helpful info! HH :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions