Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Moses took the staff from before the L‑rd as He had commanded him. Moses and Aaron assembled the congregation in front of the rock, and he said to them, "Now listen, you rebels, can we draw water for you from this rock?" Moses raised his hand and struck the rock with his staff twice, when an abundance of water gushed forth, and the congregation and their livestock drank.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Art , I see that you have not answered the question in #76 and #78 . But I can infer that the answer is "yes". Based on your quote. And probably "yes" for Lesjcbs too, based on his signature avatar : That the "Spanish used it" (historically ).

Hence, we can therefore conclude that beliefs held for thousands of years (ie.: the longer, the better) are therefore given more validity . The longer a belief if held and practiced, the more valid it must be.

Thus I invite you to join the Flat earth society . After all, people believed, for 8000 yrs. that the earth was flat. Therefore, it must be true. (Going by your own standards of evaluation).

As you can probably equally conclude, there are many things that people believed historically, and can possibly STILL believe, that are mutually exclusive of things that other people historically believed , and still believe. An example of this is religious beliefs : There are various world religions (that have been around for thousands of years), which are mutually exclusive and contradictory to each other. So ... logically speaking, ... they can not both be true, at the same time, and in the same way.

I am only extrapolating on your statements. I am only taking them to their logical conclusions. I am only comparing them to real-world scenarios. I am totally open to proofs. But "age of belief" is not one that carries merit :(

And YES: you are under NO obligation to "prove" anything. I agree. But alas, that is why the subject continues to be "up for debate" . Unlike the ability of metal detectors to function. Is that no one has "proved" anything :( Which is totally fine. But please then: Don't be mystified, if skeptics abound. If proof has never been forthcoming :(

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And as you see, I challenged that in post #63 . And it has gone un-answered.

Why do you think that you DESERVE an answer from anyone? All you ever do is continue badgering to keep an unecessary argument going.
You would not agree with The Lord Jesus regardless of what he said or does. Just pure pitiful, pitiful.
No need to answer me as I already know your answer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom we have been down this road many times already, back off, only warning I am giving.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Art, Les and Elh, if you care to continue a friendly non-badgering pro-con discussion of dowsing, please start thread(s) on the main page, under "general discussion".

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Art and Elh: The common thing about dowsing is that it works and for that very reason, it is still used today, but each dowser has their own opinion on evey aspect of it. It's kind of like religion, even though they differ on certain questions, the one common thing central about them is, they point to a higher power. The central thing in dowsing is the FIND. Dowsing and religion have both existed for thousands of years. The ground around here is frozen as hard as a rock. Frustrating! Maybe tomorrow I will have a find to show and tell.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art and Elh: The common thing about dowsing is that it works and for that very reason, it is still used today, but each dowser has their own opinion on evey aspect of it. It's kind of like religion, even though they differ on certain questions, the one common thing central about them is, they point to a higher power. The central thing in dowsing is the FIND. Dowsing and religion have both existed for thousands of years. The ground around here is frozen as hard as a rock. Frustrating! Maybe tomorrow I will have a find to show and tell.

Right Les, and since I have'nt mentioned it before except a small amount, I have been dowsing since the late 70's and it has been trial and error on many things. Alot of inroads/outroads to learn and when someone is kicking the dirt back in your face while you are digging it can be really aggravating.
I seriously doubt if anyone will ever be able to come to a good solid explanation as to how it works, and if that was possible there would remain those who would doubt if the explanation was true.
With all of the elements in the ground, solar activity reacting with the geomagnetic lines in the earth, the elements (manmade items) all having rings around them and the rings interconnecting, or overlapping, it can be exhausting just to think of it.
The smaller things will have smaller rings, the larger will have larger rings, OR, in other words a target of gold buried for 100 years will have rings far
off from the actual target and each ring will have the same effect on the dowser.
To see how the rings operate go to LRLMAN.com and pull up his video ''dowsing rings'' and watch. It is very interesting but also notice that he is dowsing the rings to figure the frequency of his sample for THAT day and TIME. I hope he will not mind me telling that as it is on the internet for antone to see.
Have fun this year, and to all on Treasurenet happy new year.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
When Dowsing I think about a movie I have saw or something I like to do. I am that way until the rods cross. You have to pick one of the options you have. I have my own rules to follow but they can be changed by ME if I want to try something else. Don't by afraid to try something else as it may work better tan rule you have....Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Art, Les and Elh, if you care to continue a friendly non-badgering pro-con discussion of dowsing, please start thread(s) on the main page, under "general discussion".

I decline that option. There are many websites where you can express your views like this site lets us express ourselfs

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new years resolution is to post all my dowsing finds right here. Right now there is not a cloud in the sky, but the ground is frozen solid. FRUSTRATING, but I will dowse everyday, weather permitting.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I decline that option. There are many websites where you can express your views like this site lets us express ourselfs

Fair enough. If you ever wish to challenge your own self, and avail yourself of differing views/explanations, you know where to go: The "general discussion" page.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair enough. If you ever wish to challenge your own self, and avail yourself of differing views/explanations, you know where to go: The "general discussion" page.

Tom same rules will apply, if your going to badger members because you don't get a reply or the reply you want you will find you can not post at all.

If you dont believe in dousing why are you making such a big point about challenging those who do, just move on.

FYI, saying "in non badgering way" in your post does not make a difference or change anything.....

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's my find for today. I had many hits today but decided to not dig as there is a layer of frozen ground about 1" below the surface. This bobby pin was just under the surface and on top of the frozen layer. With more practice dowsing it's getting easier with every rod cross or shot to tell that it is not a miss, but a solid indication a target is close by, even when standing on it. To prepare for this coming summer, I will soon do long range shots. I can hardly wait! Enjoy.

Attachments

• S5303719.JPG
    S5303719.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My dowsing is starting to be like an older metal detector I bought many years ago. It was and still is an all metal detector. No discrimination features at all. But from using and practicing with it, I got to where I could tell what it was seeing. Likewise, the more I dowse it is becoming easier to know a strong target from a weak one.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les, have you ever tried tennis ball dowsing?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Art and Elh. It's true how we all forget things we don't like or are bad memories. It could also be, heck forget it. Anyway, every time I go dowsing, I think back to July 14 2014 at 4:29 AM. I had been challenged by certain skeptics to compare my dowsing shots to throwing a tennis ball into the air. I DID. Guess what I came up with? Well, to see the results I posted, go to "Dowsing" / "A miss by an inch is as good as a mile", page 9. ENJOY the read of what happened. Hopefully more dowsed target pictures coming today. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
What I did was get 50 green jelly beans and tossed them on the front yard. I found them all but one. That was after I had dowsed for years. The tennis balls were no problem at all. You just buy six and tape one one the rod ...Art

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread