Talk, talk, enough talk already.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
If I were trying to figure out how to get better at dowsing -- more accurate, more consistent --
Good job Les...That's what you have to do
I would meticulously record every single dowsing attempt I made. Not just what I listed above, but also stuff like time of day, temperature, mood, perceived strength of response, kp index, lots of stuff I can't think of right now.
Why Carl?

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were trying to figure out how to get better at dowsing -- more accurate, more consistent -- I would meticulously record every single dowsing attempt I made. Not just what I listed above, but also stuff like time of day, temperature, mood, perceived strength of response, kp index, lots of stuff I can't think of right now. Most importantly, I'd be just as emphatic in recording every single failure as I'd be with every single success... both matter enormously. If I didn't want to figure out what is going on, then I'd just dowse willy-nilly and keep digging up bits of garbage.

I'm humored that you found genuinely useful information to be an insult.

Not useful for me as I am well satisfied with my operations and they work just fine. KP index is one of those albi's of yours. The index is one of the most controlling factors in dowsing in case you did'nt try to dowse at the different ranges of it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Ummm...
"If I were trying to figure out how to get better at dowsing -- more accurate, more consistent..."

Just doing what everyone tells him to do. The more you practice the or you learn. If you would try to practice more you would find that your dowsing are more helpful...Art

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This scale is called the Kp scale. The larger the index (7+) the more active the Earth's magnetic field becomes due to a storm from the sun. The smaller the index

I use it just like I will not go fishing if the barometer is under 3000..Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dowsing is not to be analyzed or reasoned out, but is to be done with trust. Having faith is synonymous with trust. The lack of faith in today's world is a horrible plague.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not useful for me as I am well satisfied with my operations and they work just fine. KP index is one of those albi's of yours. The index is one of the most controlling factors in dowsing in case you did'nt try to dowse at the different ranges of it.

Well, my suggestion was specifically meant for Les, not you. And any dowsers who might not be completely happy with their results. If you're happy with your dowsing, then that's absolutely grand! Maybe you could open a new thread and show what you've found.

And maybe Les is perfectly happy with his dowsing, I dunno. Heck, if he was dowsing for batteries when he found that AA then he should be thrilled. But if it was me, I would be looking to get beyond bits of garbage. As Les himself showed, even tennis balls can find garbage. The best way to not get better is to just keep doing what your doing, and ignore all the parametrics involved. At least, that's what you might do if you believe dowsing is based on magic, and not physics.

And, no, kp isn't my alibi, it's one often used by dowsers.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Elh. The first and carved in stone and cardinal rule that will never be broken or circumvented in treasure hunting of any kind is: To find gold, go where gold is! If dowsing does not work, then no one in this world would find anything, junk included. It would be like swinging an electronic metal detector with the power switch in the off position. I get goose bumps every time I find a piece of junk as I get good quality practice sessions out of it. I hope these dowsing practice sessions just might lead to bigger and better things. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les, I hope you keep posting your results. It'll be fun to see the progress.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am an Air Force retired aircraft maintenance officer. All 20 years I worked around aircraft. When they are refueled, they are "grounded" with grounding wires going from both the fuel truck and to a grounding point on the ground. All this grounding prevents static electricity from igniting the fuel into an explosion. The aircraft have wires connected to the wing trailing edge called "Static eliminators. Quote: "When we drag our feet, we build up static electricity in our bodies. We feel that jolt when we touch a door knob. On cold, dry afternoons, walking across a carpet to open the front door can create a spark that jumps between the hand and the door knob. That release of electricity comes from a buildup of static electricity in the human body that can reach an 10-15 kV (kilovolts). The discharge of that voltage can measure just 20-30 mJ (milliJoule), well above the threshold for igniting propane or even natural gasoline vapors" end of quote.

So, does this static electricity we all have affect our dowsing? I think so. I also suspect that what Einstein said about dowsing is correct. You can read that statement in my signature block below. This is what I am interested in looking at, to improve my dowsing technique and effectiveness.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I am an Air Force retired aircraft maintenance officer. All 20 years I worked around aircraft. When they are refueled, they are "grounded" with grounding wires going.....

Couple of things: 1) THANK YOU for your service to our country. 2) Sounds like you are attributing your dowsing ability to something scientific. Like as-in-your Air Force service conclusions: "Static" and "igniting" and "grounding" and "wires" etc..... Hence not something supernatural. It would be totally scientific, right ?

And no, I will not "press you for an answer". I am only going by what you, yourself, are saying (cut & pasted).

Please please post these observations, finds, etc... on the general section of T'net. Because, most certainly, you would want it up for peer-review.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les and Art, one thing to remember considering the dowsing forum: If you have been hearing President Trump talk about FAKE NEWS, that is exactly the same routine the nay sayers use. Same thing with Eve in the garden, FAKE NEWS. Ohhh, it may sound legit to some but the truth is not in it.
The beast that spoke with Eve simply lied, knowing full well what would happen and the nay sayers understand more than they will admit so they can argue, downgrade, lie about so-called blind tests, etc,etc. As Art said about the KP index, also what I said about it, is true. The folks who understand electricity know exactly what happens in the magnetic storms because it can cause blackouts. BUT, no use argueing with post turtles is there?
Know what a post turtle is???? Aturtle on top of a fence post does'nt know how he got there nor how heis going to get down.
Keep on dowsing and don't worry about FAKE NEWS. That kind of stuff was well grounded in the KGC from early on. As long as we are in this world the Fake News will abound.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple of things: 1) THANK YOU for your service to our country. 2) Sounds like you are attributing your dowsing ability to something scientific. Like as-in-your Air Force service conclusions: "Static" and "igniting" and "grounding" and "wires" etc..... Hence not something supernatural. It would be totally scientific, right ?

And no, I will not "press you for an answer". I am only going by what you, yourself, are saying (cut & pasted).

Please please post these observations, finds, etc... on the general section of T'net. Because, most certainly, you would want it up for peer-review.

Human biofields are a big part of metaphysics and are attributed to the powering the healing abilities of crystals and even self regeneration and non EM energies such as Orgone, Aether and Scalar. This is usually the main element of dowsing function. All the fillers I suggest for power load combinations on my site are based on this also. Science? Feh who needs that stuff.:headbang:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The skeptic think that because we know about the KP index it will stop us from Dowsing. No way. The only thing I see is a slower rod closeure. It
only means I have to be more careful and slow down.

And Less....If you think the rods are working different It cound be stactic electricity. Just put you arms down to your side and most of time it will go away

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is my latest dowsing finds, a double "AA" battery and a piece of aluminum foil.

Attachments

• S5303722.JPG
    S5303722.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I retired from the U.S. Air Force in 1990 from Travis AFB CA. I spent 16 years of my career in California and 8 more years there after retirement.

I have never said or thought or suggested dowsing was a super nature thing. I say my quoting Einstein in my signature box shows that. But when, it comes to the skeptics that say dowsing cannot and does not work just because people like Randi says so, that's not correct. Randi's experiments have contributed little to nothing on the subject.

I have read several times about how some dowsers say that when they walk faster while dowsing, their dowsing accuracy improves. Along with that, I watched a video on youtube how some people went to an airport to do a dowsing test. They had one or two (I don't remember for sure) dowsing rods in a box that they placed on a table, with the rod / s pointed towards the runway. As the airplanes went by, either on takeoff or landing, where both are at high speeds, there was an unmistakable reaction from the rods. This was while no one was touching the rods with any part of their body. In fact, they stepped back a foot or two. There was a mathematical equation that showed how it worked. For me, forget the math part. I have a hard time adding 2 + 2. I have tried to find that video but have not been able to.

So, it must be necessary for either the target to be moving or the dowser to be moving to get a more accurate response than with no movement at all from either one. Like airplanes that build up static electric charges while passing through the air, the movement of a dowser or the target evidently produces an electrical charge. In our case, it would be the dowser that is moving.

Art built and posted a picture of a frame he built where you do not touch the rods with your hands and gets a rod response also. Several dowsers have tried it and posted that it works. He has also detected targets at great distances while on the move in his car. To me, this all adds up.

We had 3 1/2 inches of snow on the level fall yesterday and the temperature is dropping right now. I'll get back to posting dowsing finds as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I have never said or thought dowsing was a super nature thing.....

Yes. I know you say it's got a scientific (albeit, unknown science) explanation. Thus, please, by all means: Place a post on the general section.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, I have already told you the rules are the same there as here.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I retired from the U.S. Air Force in 1990 from Travis AFB CA. I spent 16 years of my career in California and 8 more years there after retirement.

I have never said or thought or suggested dowsing was a super nature thing. I say my quoting Einstein in my signature box shows that. But when, it comes to the skeptics that say dowsing cannot and does not work just because people like Randi says so, that's not correct. Randi's experiments have contributed little to nothing on the subject.

I have read several times about how some dowsers say that when they walk faster while dowsing, their dowsing accuracy improves. Along with that, I watched a video on youtube how some people went to an airport to do a dowsing test. They had one or two (I don't remember for sure) dowsing rods in a box that they placed on a table, with the rod / s pointed towards the runway. As the airplanes went by, either on takeoff or landing, where both are at high speeds, there was an unmistakable reaction from the rods. This was while no one was touching the rods with any part of their body. In fact, they stepped back a foot or two. There was a mathematical equation that showed how it worked. For me, forget the math part. I have a hard time adding 2 + 2. I have tried to find that video but have not been able to.

So, it must be necessary for either the target to be moving or the dowser to be moving to get a more accurate response than with no movement at all from either one. Like airplanes that build up static electric charges while passing through the air, the movement of a dowser or the target evidently produces an electrical charge. In our case, it would be the dowser that is moving.

Art built and posted a picture of a frame he built where you do not touch the rods with your hands and gets a rod response also. Several dowsers have tried it and posted that it works. He has also detected targets at great distances while on the move in his car. To me, this all adds up.

We had 3 1/2 inches of snow on the level fall yesterday and the temperature is dropping right now. I'll get back to posting dowsing finds as soon as I can.

Can you link the thread to the rod holding contraption Art made in? I'd like to see it. As for the rod reacting to the planes I've had the same result with traffic. Without isolating the unit holding the rod the vibrations were enough to move it. Even replicated it with SPL. Of course my rods are more sensitive to movement than most so they're easier to trigger even though they're balanced better than others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread