🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Tang dynasty horse statue?

Grzzlii

Jun 27, 2023

Attachments

• CCFAEDD3-5122-47DC-A355-8D391F6CA850.jpeg
    CCFAEDD3-5122-47DC-A355-8D391F6CA850.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 71

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your going to have to take a lot more pictures, some of the bottom where any marks would be and from all angles and a little back story on where you bought it or found it or inherited it.

Upvote 1

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever the case may be, probability is on your side that it was at the very least made in China either long ago or quite recently. China has been the world's factory for porcelain and many other crafts for millennia.

Upvote 2

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this horse statue, and am having a hard time figuring if it’s a tang dynasty porcelain or not, someone with some knowledge please help! I’d really appreciate it.
Sancai (Chinese: 三彩; pinyin: sāncǎi; lit. 'three colours')is a versatile type of decoration on Chinese pottery using glazes or slip, predominantly in the three colours of brown (or amber), green, and a creamy off-white. It is particularly associated with the Tang dynasty (618–907) and its tomb figures,appearing around 700 Therefore, it is commonly referred to as Chinese: 唐三彩 Tang Sancai in Chinese. Tang sancai wares were sometimes referred in China and the West as egg-and-spinach by dealers, for their use of green, yellow, and white, especially when combined with a streaked effect.

Upvote 1

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If this is something that recently came into your possession, I would say it is not a dynasty piece. They are not expensive...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread