TDI problem

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
I had a problem with my TDI. It kept shutting down. I just got it back with no charge even for shipping to OR.

Kudos to Whites Electronics!!! A great company that stands behind its' products.

I just got the unit back today. It took just a week and a half from the time they received it to me getting it back. The wobbly shaft was not replaced or fixed. I hope that the correction that was done takes care of the problem. The charger was checked and the batteries were supposed to have been good. Here is what the packing order says:

"Repaired by J.A. 10/21
Replaced PCB
checked charger
Replaced GEB on/off switch to locking toggle
tested in test pits
**Jim, I was unable to reproduce the problem, but that was to be expected with this intermittant problem. I have seen this a few times, though it is usually more of a problem at start up. The batteries are fine. What is happening is the microprocessor "jams" for some reason..a defect in the chip which we have recently stopped using for this reason...and causes one of the power supplies to not supply any voltage. When this happens, most of the circuit has no power. Since yours was a little different in that it happened consistantly after 35 to 45 minutes I chose to replace the entire board as opposed to just replacing the controller chip.Also, the TDI in fact is not as sensitive to smaller gold like the other gold machines that we manufacture, but can handle the ground conditions that limits the use ot the others. Let us know if you have any other issues with any of your dectors."

Hats off to Whites. This and the reson that I am from OR is the reason in 25 years I have only bought and used Whites detectors. Thanks Whites.....

PS...Mary at Whites told me how to tighten the handle and stop it from wobbling and I gave it a try. I bent the end of the shaft with a hammer and that tightened it up.....jim

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why Whites has been in business and an icon in the metal detecting industry. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread