Tejon Loves the Open Woods...

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had my Tejon out this morning in the open woods. No homesites nearby just open woods. Looking for stuff that may have been dropped along an 18th century trail that ran through the area. Anyway, the Tejon performed well. I could get ground balance dead on with no problems. Also, hunted in audible all-metal mode with no problems. She was just humming along. A couple large open areas in this woods without overgrown brush. Also, the soil is real light and humus. Digs really well with the dry weather we have been having. Think I'll be hunting out here the rest of the summer. I did find a harness ring about eight inches down. Signaled real nice. Also, found a small t-handle tool that appears to be some kind of auger. I'll have to clean it up and post in the "what is it" section for an id.

Update: The small t-handle tool ended up being a gimlet tool for cleaning the touch hole on a musket.

-Swartzie

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the tejon is going to be my next machine. Some time this fall or spring.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
A lot of the guys I hunt with are using Minelabs. Some of them have bought Tejon's and are pulling a few old coins from areas they had hammered with the Minelabs. Even with the 5.75 coil it gets awesome depth. Joe

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've just started seriously using a Tejon and I like it. My strategy is to use it in tandem with a TID machine. The TID gets me in the neighborhood of where the good finds are likely to be, based on a few good finds and the Tejon gets me the depth to start pulling stuff out. My son is using the TID machine and I'm using the Tejon. However, if I'm ever just using the Tejon I'll use the dual discrimination to roughly achieve the same thing and when I'm sure I'm in the area of where the finds are likely to be, open it up to close to no disc.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to use my Sov GT for old coins that were buried deeply because of leaf litter and such but now use the Tejon which I enjoy using much better and the Sov GT has the Sunray inline probe too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread