Teknetics Gamma 6000 Worth $225.00 Like New?

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanting to know a little about the 6000 detector from some of you users of the machine. What is the good the bad of it and is it worth $225.00 like new condition? I might add it to my collection if it is worth buying thanks for any input on the machine ???

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Gamma 6000 and I have not had any regrets about buying it. Mine has a 11"DD coil on it and I get good depth with it. The only thing I can say that I dont like about the machine is the fact that you cant save your settings. Anytime you turn the machine on it has to be set up again. But for that price I would buy it for sure. You will be suprised at the proformance of the machine. Its a very light weight machine and it takes a 9 volt battery which last a long time using earphones.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Gamma 6000 and I have not had any regrets about buying it. Mine has a 11"DD coil on it and I get good depth with it. The only thing I can say that I dont like about the machine is the fact that you cant save your settings. Anytime you turn the machine on it has to be set up again. But for that price I would buy it for sure. You will be suprised at the proformance of the machine. Its a very light weight machine and it takes a 9 volt battery which last a long time using earphones.

Thanks a lot for info I really don't like how it don't keep the setting but I have already made the purchase so I will give it a run or two I think at $225.00 It's worth a shot :laughing7:
thanks again for info & I would like to hear from some of you other owner's out there if you can give me your input also thanks fellows :thumbsup:

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey playingInTheDirt, I have one, but this is my first metal detector and I've only had it a month. So I'm not going to be of much help since I'm not experienced at all. I do have a hard time with it "chattering" in my back yard but this yard has more things buried in it then a landfill. I'm just now getting the hang of it. I can tell you it's so light you'll never have a problem swinging it for hours and hours, my battery has lasted so for about 26 hours. I was going to change it out today just because I thought maybe the battery reading wasn't working but after checking others who has had this machine they claim to run their battery 40 or more. Good luck, I hope you love this machine, great price since I paid $499.00 for mine new. So even if you don't like it you can sell it for a profit. HH

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey playingInTheDirt, I have one, but this is my first metal detector and I've only had it a month. So I'm not going to be of much help since I'm not experienced at all. I do have a hard time with it "chattering" in my back yard but this yard has more things buried in it then a landfill. I'm just now getting the hang of it. I can tell you it's so light you'll never have a problem swinging it for hours and hours, my battery has lasted so for about 26 hours. I was going to change it out today just because I thought maybe the battery reading wasn't working but after checking others who has had this machine they claim to run their battery 40 or more. Good luck, I hope you love this machine, great price since I paid $499.00 for mine new. So even if you don't like it you can sell it for a profit. HH

Sounds good I am going to give it a run or 2 if I find any tricks I will let you know :thumbsup: What have you found with yours so far & what kind of depth are you getting on coins if you have found any? Thanks For Info

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds, good! I'd like to know any and all tricks you come up with. I've only found a few coins so far, the deepest was 7 inches for a wheat penny. I've dug down 10-11 inches for junk, one was a whole electrical outlet box, and the other thing that deep was a big old tent spike looking thing. I posted a pic yesterday in "Today's finds" section. I think you'll love the gamma since you already have experience with other machines. I'm just now learning how to stop the "chatter" and EVERYTIME I use it the better it behaves. HH

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
$225 is a good price in my opinion. I just got one yesterday evening and got to hunt about 2 hrs today. It seems to lock up good on coins and even when there is trash close, the sounds give away the good target. I have a lot to learn , but so far I like running it with discriminate level on 20 and the tones on 2 or 4. It pinpoints like a top and seems to work good around light poles at a sports complex playground park I was hunting at. I'm am using the 8 inch concentric coil, which I believe helps around places with EMI issues. I chose the gamma over the omega because of price and it is knobless . I like Knobs and switches, but I am constantly moving settings by accident. Anyway time will tell good luck and happy hunting! CG

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$225 is a good price in my opinion. I just got one yesterday evening and got to hunt about 2 hrs today. It seems to lock up good on coins and even when there is trash close, the sounds give away the good target. I have a lot to learn , but so far I like running it with discriminate level on 20 and the tones on 2 or 4. It pinpoints like a top and seems to work good around light poles at a sports complex playground park I was hunting at. I'm am using the 8 inch concentric coil, which I believe helps around places with EMI issues. I chose the gamma over the omega because of price and it is knobless . I like Knobs and switches, but I am constantly moving settings by accident. Anyway time will tell good luck and happy hunting! CG

Sounds like to me this one might be a keeper I haven't got it yet still waiting to receive it but I should have it on wed the weather looks bad for a couple of days I might have to plow some snow and see what it will do :) I love trying new machines its always a experience :laughing7:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great price but put your hands on it. Lots of scammers out there!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Teknetics Gamma 6000 is A deep detector,great Disc.light....put a 11"DD coil and it really shines,it`s a keeper.
Gary

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero
I've had the gamma about 3 months and I can say that I have only 1 regret about buying it..... The regret is that I didn't buy it sooner! I only have experience with a few machines but the gamma is a great machine for the money. I went out for about 2.5 hours yesterday and this was the haul. Not a great picture

Attachments

• image-3279393710.jpg
    image-3279393710.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 164
OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Thanks guys & gals I received it wed 11/27/13 took it out for a while it done good found some clad with it from what I could tell it locks in on quarters at 90-91 if it is 99 on the meter then seems it was trash every time. Dime came in at 80-81 locked so once I got use to it a little done pretty good seems to be a little noisy at times even turning down the sensitivity but like I said didn't get to run it long I need to learn it a little more but so far I like it :icon_thumright: For what I got in it I will keep for back-up if nothing else. A person cant get enough detectors or at least I can't, I would like to own them all I love trying new machines. Well, for now I say thanks again & ill keep you dirt diggers up to date on what I find with it or if I need any more help on this machine thanks :thumbsup:

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you like it. Put the 11" DD coil on it and you will be diggin deep holes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread