Teller coin deposit at Bank of America incident...

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought in $550 halves and $50 dimes String & Son re-crimped coins to my Bank of America dump branch....the teller was okay, didnt ask questions and just took the rolls thru that little arked gap. She took all and moved them on the background counter, "Great, just me receipt and I'll be on my way." I thought to myself, BUT THEN....she went inside the staff room and the angry manager unleashed out and after looking at that 55 rolls of halves said, "WHY ARE YOU SELLING THESE BACK TO US?", I said, "I didnt buy them from you." He then asked, "How did you get these?", I said, "Inheritance." He said, "From Whom." I said "Family." He then checked the rolls and told me, "We are not going to accept these because they are tempered with." referred to the re-crimped side of the roll.

He gave me back 17 rolls.

He didnt check the $50 dimes. I made $430 deposit outta $600.

What do you think I should do after this guys?

Damn Bank of America has been charging me $3 $5 fees all the time now this shitty service.....

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
It is rather unprofessional of him to be so rude and it is really none of his business where you got them from unless you had originally bought them from that bank and you shouldn't have to be subjected to an interrogation. If he refuses to take the coins for some reason he still shouldn't be rude about it.

Can't you just re-roll the halves in cwr's and return them that way? It seems rather ridiculous for him to make such a big deal about such a frivolous matter and only accept some rolls and not others - esp if you have an acct with that bank.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
why cant you use new rolls to reroll? do you also bring them a reused coin box too to dump? I would give you a wtf are you doing too...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Still not worth dealing with the nutcase mgr. They don't have to accept any rolled coin, even if you dispute that, it's not worth it, imo. Too many banks out there asking no fees and no hassles.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Open up small $10 accounts with credit unions and deal with them. The folks at credit unions are much friendlier than the for-profit commercial banks like BoA

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go in there and kindly ask to see that manager. When he comes out....say....
"F#$%K YOU I cancelled by $50,000 account with you for your crappy attitude" WITH TWO MIDDLE FINGERS AS YOU DO IT. and just turn around and walk out.

You want to do this on Friday evening at the busiest time possible. This will not accomplish anything, but will make you feel like a million bucks AND will be engrained in the memory of that manager for the rest of his life. I like to inflict as much psychological damage as I can to anyone who crosses my path the wrong way.

Or you could just move on like mdockter said, and dont't worry about it, as the dude probably just hates his job and has a miserable life. You should actually feel bad for him and not be upset. It probably wears on him day after day pretending like he is a millionaire on his $40K annual salary.

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close your accounts and take your business elsewhere. There's a lot less competition than there used to be, but there are still lots of banks out there. I have like ten within walking distance.

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
"F#$%K YOU I cancelled by $50,000 account with you for your crappy attitude" WITH TWO MIDDLE FINGERS AS YOU DO IT. and just turn around and walk out.

You want to do this on Friday evening at the busiest time possible. This will not accomplish anything, but will make you feel like a million bucks AND will be engrained in the memory of that manager for the rest of his life. I like to inflict as much psychological damage as I can to anyone who crosses my path the wrong way.
pure amazingness :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I have learned that when banks ask questions like this, they don't really want the info; they are just trying to intimidate you.

Don't let them win.

Cash out your account, find a friendlier dump bank.
When it comes to dump banks, either they will or they won't.
You can have yours with drama or without.

But

I

Will

Keep

On

Rollin'

Until

There

Are

NO

Banks,

NO

Silver

And No more open doors.

Keep on Rollin' !

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I didnt bring the coin boxes to the bank, I used plastic grocery bags, I got like 500 rolls of halves so I thought I'd save a bit of trees and use the original wrappers.

I think Im going to try a new bank and tell me about my purpose.

Gilmore, you sir, are an inspiration to me.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I noticed I stopped getting (as many) dirty looks when I stopped recrimping string rolls.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
FormerTeller said:
I noticed I stopped getting (as many) dirty looks when I stopped recrimping string rolls.

I have noticed this also and have stopped reusing machine rolls. I just swap them out for the free ones from the bank.

gotin

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2010
d2arcing said:
why cant you use new rolls to reroll? do you also bring them a reused coin box too to dump? I would give you a wtf are you doing too...
What is wrong with reusing the boxes?

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
azlegends said:
FormerTeller said:

I have noticed this also and have stopped reusing machine rolls. I just swap them out for the free ones from the bank.

+2, I know why....Why?

Because their little greedy CRH hearts think there might be a SOLID SILVER ROLL in the bunch too!! And I let them think that too!! Muaaahhh.

Quick Funny Story: I went to this one bank where they are a bunch of silver hores, and said...."yeah, these are my poker winnings....there are some weird looking ones in the bunch, looked like Benjy Franklin on the coins. There was like 20 of them and I wasnt sure if they were half dollars but they said .50 cents so I knew they were half dollars. I thought they only made them with Kennedy on them."

Tables have turned?? Take that Chase.

Pure evil.

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:

Or you could just move on like mdockter said, and dont't worry about it, as the dude probably just hates his job and has a miserable life. You should actually feel bad for him and not be upset. It probably wears on him day after day pretending like he is a millionaire on his $40K annual salary.

I like the way you think man. Everytime I say something like this on here, I get someone like "that isn't the way to act and you are runing this hobby for us all!"...F%$# off...

HH,
Cody.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Gilmore Happy said:

Yup, you could do that. Best to show up on foot though, with your license plate nowhere insight. Otherwise, you could wind up with a disorderly conduct charge to defend yourself against. (I know - I DID. In very similar circumstances) :-)

Diggem'

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you could tell him that you are cancelling your $50,000 account, but he will have the last laugh, when he sees you only had $100 in your account, and he knows that he is actually very happy with his $40,000 salary!

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maipenrai said:
Yes, you could tell him that you are cancelling your $50,000 account, but he will have the last laugh, when he sees you only had $100 in your account, and he knows that he is actually very happy with his $40,000 salary!

No no, I was implying that you keep your account so you can still use it at another location, but just tell HIM that you already cancelled it (with another branch perhaps) due to his attitude. Semi bluff. Odds are he doesnt even know his name and wouldnt see his bank account $, unless of course he saw it on the screen and remembered how much youre worth during the whole ordeal and that's why he treated you like a $100 man. This could also be true. Money talks. :tongue3:

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
maipenrai said:

No no, I was implying that you keep your account so you can still use it at another location, but just tell HIM that you already cancelled it (with another branch perhaps) due to his attitude. Semi bluff. Odds are he doesnt even know his name and wouldnt see his bank account $, unless of course he saw it on the screen and remembered how much youre worth during the whole ordeal and that's why he treated you like a $100 man. This could also be true. Money talks. :tongue3:

Its true tho, I got 3k in it. LOL been at that for 8 years....

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that a typing error, (500 rolls of half dollars)? Did you take them all to the bank or just some, in plastic bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread