Teller coin deposit at Bank of America incident...

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought in $550 halves and $50 dimes String & Son re-crimped coins to my Bank of America dump branch....the teller was okay, didnt ask questions and just took the rolls thru that little arked gap. She took all and moved them on the background counter, "Great, just me receipt and I'll be on my way." I thought to myself, BUT THEN....she went inside the staff room and the angry manager unleashed out and after looking at that 55 rolls of halves said, "WHY ARE YOU SELLING THESE BACK TO US?", I said, "I didnt buy them from you." He then asked, "How did you get these?", I said, "Inheritance." He said, "From Whom." I said "Family." He then checked the rolls and told me, "We are not going to accept these because they are tempered with." referred to the re-crimped side of the roll.

He gave me back 17 rolls.

He didnt check the $50 dimes. I made $430 deposit outta $600.

What do you think I should do after this guys?

Damn Bank of America has been charging me $3 $5 fees all the time now this shitty service.....

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maipenrai said:
Was that a typing error, (500 rolls of half dollars)? Did you take them all to the bank or just some, in plastic bags.

no, i got 500 rolls, took like 55 rolls to bank.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timbobwey said:
sounds like that manager needs to learn how to do his job, that's not cool. I've never seen someone act like that at a bank yet, and I can only imagine how mad I would be if I were you. I'd probly go over his head and talk to someone.
But then again, some folks on here have been known to exaggerate. ::)
HH
enamel7

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ask to see that manager , ask what is the banks coin policy, if you dont think it is true ask for it in writing , than ask for his supervisors number.

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enamel7 said:
timbobwey said:
sounds like that manager needs to learn how to do his job, that's not cool. I've never seen someone act like that at a bank yet, and I can only imagine how mad I would be if I were you. I'd probly go over his head and talk to someone.
But then again, some folks on here have been known to exaggerate. ::)
HH
enamel7

img5355ss.jpg

I dont think you mean me. :icon_scratch: :o

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just get the coin lock bags from the merchant window....problem solved.

you don't have to have any elaborate stories about inheritance, or whatever, if they ask just say you are a collector (which is true) and these are the ones you don't need and you want to exchange them.

It's the same as putting Cash in the ATM its available immediately.

The reason why you put your account # on the coin lock bag is so if you are off they debit your account.

It is helpful to maintain accounts in good "transactional" status at your CRHing banks, especially the "problematic" ones.

HH
Bigheed

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
String roll recrimpers are lazy and should be tied up and beaten severely. Just my opinion of course.

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigheed said:
just get the coin lock bags from the merchant window....problem solved.

you don't have to have any elaborate stories about inheritance, or whatever, if they ask just say you are a collector (which is true) and these are the ones you don't need and you want to exchange them.

It's the same as putting Cash in the ATM its available immediately.

The reason why you put your account # on the coin lock bag is so if you are off they debit your account.

It is helpful to maintain accounts in good "transactional" status at your CRHing banks, especially the "problematic" ones.

HH
Bigheed

Thank you Bigheed, lesson learned.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
All of this could just be handled professionally instead of shady with a side of spite. Instead of choosing a dump bank just shop a couple banks by explaining to the manager what you will be doing. Make sure he/she understands that "if I sign up for an account here, you do realize you will be seeing me every week with lots of rolled coinage to deal with right?"

If you guys would just attempt this and get a handshake you will free reign to dump coin until your welcome is worn out. Then you just go find another one.
ORRrrrrr you can as the above poster mentioned simply act like a giant @$$, burn a bridge, and end up giving the manager exactly what he wanted in the first place and that is with his door hitting you in your butt on the way out and proving he had every reason to get rid of you.

Brilliant!

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like this idea man. Going to use this for WF soon.

May not work for all though. It's until the manager gets to the awe inspiring question of how much did you want to deposit.

"Uhhh, about $200.00?" may not get you the best service, but worth a shot for all.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on the size of the branch and how they want the coin.

most of the branches in LA are quite large & you'll never meet the manager, you want to make friends with the Service Manager, Lead Teller, & Merchant tellers out here. I think theres only 2 branches that I actually know the big cheese.

They also prefer to have you put it in the coin lock bags here vs. rolled coin if you are doing high volume because they have to ship it out anyways.

But however you go about it yes, be polite, and find out how to make the merchant tellers job easier.
-fill out your info on the bags ahead of time....lot easier when the bag is empty than when its full of coins
- bring your bags to the door and ask them to wheel the cart over vs. passing 28 pound weights thru a 1 cubic foot 2 way door to little old ladies
- the first thing I always do is ask, "how is your day today?" - set the tone, smile!

Bigheed

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SnakemanBill said:
String roll recrimpers are lazy and should be tied up and beaten severely. Just my opinion of course.
Quite the contrary there Ke-mo sah-bee. I'm gonna go out on a big ole limb here and say... uh, I think it takes a lot more time and effort to, first empty without tearing, then re-roll and re-crimp string rolls, than it does to say... rip them open and throw them in a bag. Hmmm? Whadda ya think? Maybe?? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: ::) ::) ::) Oy!

I'll get some more flak for this one but I could care less, so here goes-

As far as being tied up and beaten severely, that honor should be bestowed upon the dumbfu@* that wouldn't take the coins. If I had an account at that bank and they refused to take my rolled coin, lets just say... they would have taken my money before I left, if i'm a legitimate account holder with several thousand in my checking, they have no choice but to take it. If it's a "dummy" account with minimal funds, set up mainly for the purpose of dumping, then I may expect an attitude from a dumb pr!ck teller or worker bee, but even that isn't an excuse.
Also- Who the he!! does he think he is questioning someone as to where they got the coins from? Go screw yourself dude, I took 'em from your momma why? Now if I don't have an account there, then I would NOT expect them to take it, nor would I even attempt to dump there in the first place. That's not how I operate.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you catch more bees with honey than vinegar but, oh well, i'm sick of people and their attitudes nowadays. Kill 'em all!

Okay, i'm done. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
SnakemanBill said:
Quite the contrary there Ke-mo sah-bee. I'm gonna go out on a big ole limb here and say... uh, I think it takes a lot more time and effort to, first empty without tearing, then re-roll and re-crimp string rolls, than it does to say... rip them open and throw them in a bag. Hmmm? Whadda ya think? Maybe?? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: ::) ::) ::) Oy!

As far as being tied up and beaten severely, that honor should be bestowed upon the dumbfu@* that wouldn't take the coins. If I had an account at that bank and they refused to take my rolled coin, lets just say... they would have taken my money before I left, if i'm a legitimate account holder with several thousand in my checking, they have no choice but to take it. If it's a "dummy" account with minimal funds, set up mainly for the purpose of dumping, then I may expect an attitude from a dumb pr!ck teller or worker bee, but even that isn't an excuse.
Also- Who the he!! does he think he is questioning someone as to where they got the coins from? Go screw yourself dude, I took 'em from your momma why? Now if I don't have an account there, then I would NOT expect them to take it, nor would I even attempt to dump there in the first place. That's not how I operate.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you catch more bees with honey than vinegar but, oh well, i'm sick of people and their attitudes nowadays. Kill 'em all!

Hell yeah.

Some days I do feel nice though. But in Phoenix, these "pr!cs" do make you want to kill them all. lol

Well put.

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
SnakemanBill said:

diggummup, you Sir, are also an inspiration to me. :notworthy: :notworthy:

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
SnakemanBill said:

[/quote

Funny! Mr south bound end of a north bound horse. Yeah it may take more time to open and recrimp the rolls but all that does is take more time from searching coins. It keeps the same clad coins in circulation for others to deal with instead of being sent back for re wrapping with hopefully more silver for all of us to search. I'm in a rural area and there are at least 10 banks within 30 minutes with coin counters free of charge for customers. I say it takes more time to research where the banks are and work them to your advantage to go through the maximum amount of coins possible.

You're so "sick of people nowadays" & "kill 'em all" Hell after reading a post like that it wouldn't be a wonder to me why tellers wouldn't like you. :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: :headbang:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SnakemanBill said:
SnakemanBill said:

[/quote

Funny! Mr south bound end of a north bound horse. Yeah it may take more time to open and recrimp the rolls but all that does is take more time from searching coins. It keeps the same clad coins in circulation for others to deal with instead of being sent back for re wrapping with hopefully more silver for all of us to search. I'm in a rural area and there are at least 10 banks within 30 minutes with coin counters free of charge for customers. I say it takes more time to research where the banks are and work them to your advantage to go through the maximum amount of coins possible.

You're so "sick of people nowadays" & "kill 'em all" Hell after reading a post like that it wouldn't be a wonder to me why tellers wouldn't like you. :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: :headbang:

I don't know if i'll be able to sleep tonight after that reply. ::) ::) ::)

While your at it, put this in your pipe and smoke it-
For the record, i've only had a problem with one teller, ever. That was because she was blatantly hoarding silver halves in the coin tray and wouldn't sell them to me. I told her to get them out of the view of customers if she plans on keeping them for herself, before I say something to the manager.
What I have a problem with are people who don't have the common sense to come out of the rain, yet think they are in line to win the Nobel Peace Prize. When you deal with jack asses on a daily basis, it'll tend to change your opinion of mankind as a whole. I don't have time for stupid people.
Your statement (and opinion)- "String roll recrimpers are lazy and should be tied up and beaten severely," is about as senseless as they come. I spelled out the reasons why in my first reply. If you can't comprehend that then i'll place you in the category with all the others that I run across daily. And yes, I reroll my string rolls every single time. If you run across one with a sharpie line down the side you know it's been searched already. So it takes extra time to do it... and??? I didn't know I was in a race. I'm not a silverwhore, so a couple boxes a week is my limit. I live in an area where there are literally multiple hundreds of banks within a 30 minute drive. I have no fear of getting the same box back. Hopefully it WILL go to another CRH'r. Tough Luck.

PS- I see your from Maryland, that's too bad. I have higher expectations from people in my home state. I was raised in Accokeek, though I do believe South Florida has ruined me.

Go Skins!

Oh yeah... Learn how to use the quote feature properly, put your reply after the quote box, not in it.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
SnakemanBill said:
SnakemanBill said:

[/quote

I don't know if i'll be able to sleep tonight after that reply. ::) ::) ::)

While your at it, put this in your pipe and smoke it-
For the record, i've only had a problem with one teller, ever. That was because she was blatantly hoarding silver halves in the coin tray and wouldn't sell them to me. I told her to get them out of the view of customers if she plans on keeping them for herself, before I say something to the manager.
What I have a problem with are people who don't have the common sense to come out of the rain, yet think they are in line to win the Nobel Peace Prize. When you deal with jack asses on a daily basis, it'll tend to change your opinion of mankind as a whole. I don't have time for stupid people.
Your statement (and opinion)- "String roll recrimpers are lazy and should be tied up and beaten severely," is about as senseless as they come. I spelled out the reasons why in my first reply. If you can't comprehend that then i'll place you in the category with all the others that I run across daily. And yes, I reroll my string rolls every single time. If you run across one with a sharpie line down the side you know it's been searched already. So it takes extra time to do it... and??? I didn't know I was in a race. I'm not a silverwhore, so a couple boxes a week is my limit. I live in an area where there are literally multiple hundreds of banks within a 30 minute drive. I have no fear of getting the same box back. Hopefully it WILL go to another CRH'r. Tough Luck.

PS- I see your from Maryland, that's too bad. I have higher expectations from people in my home state. I was raised in Accokeek, though I do believe South Florida has ruined me.

Go Skins!

Oh yeah... Learn how to use the quote feature properly, put your reply after the quote box, not in it.
???
Its quite obvious that South Florida has done something to you. :tongue3: South Florida has that effect on most. You live in an area where there are literally multiple hundreds of banks within a 30 minute drive. and yet you choose to make more work for yourself and while you're at it annoy any other CRHer who is the lucky recipient of your dumps. All those multiple hundreds of banks and not a single coin counter? Talk about people who don't have the common sense to come out of the rain, yet think they are in line to win the Nobel Peace Prize?????? Let me guess you probably seal the box with super glue so it appears to be straight from the Fed too. So do you also place slugs and old foreign coins in your re-wrapped rolls as well?

I got news for ya everyone deals with jackasses on a daily basis, the only way to avoid them is to not leave the house and in some cases avoid mirrors. :wink:

Haven't rooted for the Skins since that little SOB bought the team. Go Ravens!

There I did it all outside of the quotes are ya happy now?

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im Happy...

I love a great argument. I love it more when the individual doesnt give up like a woman and "put you on ignore" because "she" cant handle the heat.

I lived in S. Florida for 18 years. Everytime I go back to visit, it looks shittier and shittier. I still love that piss warm Atalntic Ocean though. mmmmm.

Are you in Roofing?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
Im Happy...

I love a great argument. I love it more when the individual doesnt give up like a woman and "put you on ignore" because "she" cant handle the heat.

I lived in S. Florida for 18 years. Everytime I go back to visit, it looks --deleted--tier and --deleted--tier. I still love that piss warm Atalntic Ocean though. mmmmm.

Are you in Roofing?
I like a good heated discussion myself. :laughing7: I could never be a roofer, too much Irish in me, not to mention too much like real work. I will be moving back to America in a year or so. Thinking about eastern Tennessee or western N.C. :thumbsup:

As for the snakeman, I will refrain from "discussing" anything further with you. I've explained it and it flew right over your head, more than once. What we have here is "failure to communicate." I don't like arguing with someone who lacks ... nevermind. ::) ::) ::)
PS- I'll admit Daniel Snyder is the biggest problem on the Redskins. However, I am not a fair weather fan. Have a nice day traitor. Have a good 'un! :)

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make it North Carolina. People of eastern Tennessee are too nice for the likes of you.

Have a nice day ma'am! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread