Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mean it is certainly not a castle... A megalythic site maybe? Like New England Stonehenge maybe? Does it have alignments?

If you stand at the well and look along the leprechaun path it's a straight line to Crazy Town.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lucky-charms-7.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some say that Joan Hope was sent there to research the place to make a documentary-like archaeological report about the site and the well.....in case it was holding Sinclair family secrets.....

She varied her opinion about it from Castle to Norse Halls, to a variety of theories....she never pinpointed a definite, but was very descriptive and photographed everything she saw.....and there was A LOT OF STONES THERE......

Now, Jeff if you are saying that these foundation stones are the product of her planting them in shapes, to then fraudulently extend her time as a researcher and hold hippy commune parties there....well that also sounds a little true

:laughing7:.........but would she really dig all the trenches and then collect all of those rocks? Word would have gotten out then I would think about it from other Archaeologists in the area I would think....

But there is one thing that is strangely unique about the location, and solidifies it as a part of the mystery.....

.....that it sits right off the wing of the Nolan's Cross and is tied into the Island there through those specific guidestones....

....as much as the Yarmouth/Overton Stone Carving was sitting directly in line with the base of Nolan's Cross as well.

Now this is an obvious fact on the map and on Google Earth....while the other top leg leads directly through a place in the center of the Rennes/Paris Meridian, and continues to Jabal al Lawz....the place where Moses spoke to the Burning Bush. Puff Puff Pass. LOL

These lines of mapping and coincidental alignment were created into tales when they were recognized by the early navigators following the star maps......and hidden in Shakespeare, Bacon wrote clues to lead you to Oak Island.......Petter A. proved that, AND the Rennes Parchments say clearly, "By the Cross, and this Horse of God"....of which both are seen in the area.....

So seeing this focal point also leading directly to New Ross is an obvious sign that she did NOT plant the entire facade there and carve the Herm Stone herself......there was a small settlement there and after their mission was over, they used up the wood and moved on.

Just like Finder's Keepers said....

The area was known also as Charing Cross was known, as a mapped point of reference along this ancient route, and created as a temporary chateau like base for their work in the area.....a hint at its location as being Bacon's site of his New Atlantis

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If you say so, but all these connections that you claim are flawed, and not based on solid research.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well well well. theres hope in that well. lol

so joan was onto something. how come she went all eclectic and made it into a hippie commune if it was intended to be discovered by here and her entourage?

seems someone was not too concerned with the formalities and tried to live it up as a recluse. thats no way to hide something that important.

should look into the affairs that landed her there with the knowledge she had.

and then go look for the ufos!

I guess this is no longer your opinion of Joan?

I get a real kick out of how we are expected to disregard some of the claims of Joan Harris while taking other claims at face value.

Joan settled with the Sinclair story.Especially after she saw how much Bradley's book out sold hers.She took very few pictures.She claims to have had many things carbon dated but never supplied one shred of proof for those claims.She also used unnamed experts as verification.She even tried to sue an archeologist that had been on site and examined her pile of stones because he said it was a wild and wonderful story.

I have read somewhere that an archeologist brought the propery from the Harris's.I wont cite this as fact and maybe FK will shed light on that unless it is also top secret information that he can not yet share due to orders from the Canadian goverment.And this archeologist also evcavated the site and found nothing of interest.

One of the biggest problems with there being a castle here is the supposed foundations are not very deep at all.You can clearly see in the photos that there is a small line of rocks just barely under the top soil.

Discovering castle ruins is a not something out of the ordinary.A number have been discovered in the last couple years and it is quickly confirmed if they are indeed a castle.None of these ruins look anything like what is at New Ross.It isn't that hard to prove where a castle once stood.

These alignment lines you talk about are great for Dan Brown novels but are not what proves existence of medieval castle.

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look I'm no archaeologicalist but I have been studying ruins all my life as it's a hobby. Those rocks aren't big enough to support a wall not even close speaking of walls where are they? We are talking about a vast quantity of stone. Those rocks aren't even cut? I could maybe meet you half way IF it is set up like Solomon's temple we could maybe conject they had begun to out line a new Rosslyn chapel? It's a real reach I think anyway you go with that site and I am one who firmly believes the Templars were in Nova Scotia in the mid 1300s...
Please continue to share though. What the neck do I know?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look I'm no archaeologicalist but I have been studying ruins all my life as it's a hobby. Those rocks aren't big enough to support a wall not even close speaking of walls where are they? We are talking about a vast quantity of stone. Those rocks aren't even cut? I could maybe meet you half way IF it is set up like Solomon's temple we could maybe conject they had begun to out line a new Rosslyn chapel? It's a real reach I think anyway you go with that site and I am one who firmly believes the Templars were in Nova Scotia in the mid 1300s...
Please continue to share though. What the neck do I know?

The stones would have been leveled with a heavy wooden plate set on top and wooden walls built on top of the leveled plate. One thing for sure it doesn't look like a blacksmith shop. The stones were set with dirt similar to other small medieval constructions. Joan may have been mistaken about what she found but she did not fake it.
Cheers, Loki

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loki..

I have built wood structures with rubble trench foundations before, pretty much the same way you describe...but they still had to have enough width to spread the wall/roof loads which these don't appear to have.

Anyone know what the frost heave line in depth is in that area? They would need to extend beyond that for any kind of building to not shift around and soon become useless...one bad winter and it would be done.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Loki..

I have built wood structures with rubble trench foundations before, pretty much the same way you describe...but they still had to have enough width to spread the wall/roof loads which these don't appear to have.

Anyone know what the frost heave line in depth is in that area? They would need to extend beyond that for any kind of building to not shift around and soon become useless...one bad winter and it would be done.

Yes, Building permit is 30 inches deep!

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Loki..

If not on rock and depending of the soil I consider 4-5 feet depth. The snow cover help too.
Here in Quebec this is 5 feet.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki..

As a licensed builder I have been building structures here in Northern Michigan for 30 years and been an operative mason longer then that.

They had plenty of width, we aren't building to the 2012 building codes. As for the frost, same thing, here in Traverse City frost can go as deep as 30 inches with little snow but we can build large unattached out buildings with 12 inch deep footings. A footing on rocks buried in dirt would be flexible and the building may hold up better than one on a substantial footing. I have seen old log structures set on similar stones that have been built in the early 19th century that were still intact and would have been serviceable if they had been kept up. As a matter of fact, I moved one to my property that had been built in the late 1800s and turned it into a barn (quite a job I might add, numbering all the logs and putting it up the same way).
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
As a licensed builder I have been building structures here in Northern Michigan for 30 years and been an operative mason longer then that.

Oh, so that's why you know all about the Templar stuff. You are one of them Masonic people. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You do know what operative means don't you?
Cheers, Loki

While I must admit that I had to look it up after your reply. I took it mean that you were an actual mason who worked with stone or brick. What I read online seems to back that up. I had kind of thought that the laughing faces would have made it obvious that I was making a joke about the word mason. My apologies for those who did not understand.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" I moved one to my property that had been built in the late 1800s and turned it into a barn (quite a job I might add, numbering all the logs and putting it up the same way)."

I own a 1896 one room schoolhouse that is built on stone foundation, was still one big room when I bought it back in the early 80's and turned it into a 1800 sq ft house...when built all materials were sourced from the nearby streams, for rocks, and wood from the oak forest surrounding it, one of my son's still lives in it, about 80 miles away from our farm here. Layed on clay it has had no problems, ever, with the foundation or settling, though it is on a rock shelf a few feet under the clay. Frost here is 18"...I keep the place because it is unique with no close neighbors (3/4 mile is the closest), waterfall behind it and a major river just below it....never find another like it, so even though I no longer live there...and likely won't again, hard to let go of it..

We are also looking for a log structure to move to here, to become part of our new in ground house...they used to be plentiful here in the Ozarks, now rare to find one for sale.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
While I must admit that I had to look it up after your reply. I took it mean that you were an actual mason who worked with stone or brick. What I read online seems to back that up. I had kind of thought that the laughing faces would have made it obvious that I was making a joke about the word mason. My apologies for those who did not understand.

My apologies to you. There is a lot of sarcasm on this site and unfortunately that's how I took your laughing faces.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
" I moved one to my property that had been built in the late 1800s and turned it into a barn (quite a job I might add, numbering all the logs and putting it up the same way)."

I own a 1896 one room schoolhouse that is built on stone foundation, was still one big room when I bought it back in the early 80's and turned it into a 1800 sq ft house...when built all materials were sourced from the nearby streams, for rocks, and wood from the oak forest surrounding it, one of my son's still lives in it, about 80 miles away from our farm here. Layed on clay it has had no problems, ever, with the foundation or settling, though it is on a rock shelf a few feet under the clay. Frost here is 18"...I keep the place because it is unique with no close neighbors (3/4 mile is the closest), waterfall behind it and a major river just below it....never find another like it, so even though I no longer live there...and likely won't again, hard to let go of it..

We are also looking for a log structure to move to here, to become part of our new in ground house...they used to be plentiful here in the Ozarks, now rare to find one for sale.

Mine was nowhere near that size (about 900 sg. ft.) but interesting projects aren't they?
Cheers, Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread