Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if your not TIM , OK GREAT maybe Tim will read this someday and know the truth. So IF YOUR NOT TIM THEN what do you think about him on the TV show. You never answered that question and I answered yours, and why are you here disputing what I post.

Fair enough.

If it is the OI show to which you are referring. I really didn't watch it close enough or even know if he was featured enough on that episode for me to form an opinion
I don't always watch all the OI shows and even if I do it will be on DVR and I condense an episode down to a couple minutes of viewing due to their constant rehashing.All I can really remember is some guy and his wife(?) talking about the well.My opinion has always been there is nothing of significance there so more then likely I disagree with the landowner about what he thinks was there.

Post some hard evidence and I will stop disputing it.

How many times have you said you were ready "to go public"?Please direct me to where this was done because I must have missed it.I saw some sketches and even a couple pics of Templar graves over in Europe.

How about a picture of the 5' deep hand dug water channels?.....this could have been found by a shovel in a couple hours without the need for any permits.
Did you drill down into one of those Templar made rock lined tunnels and drop a camera down in there?

The cut stone thing is even more mind boggling.You never had an expert look at them.Because no one would believe you?How exactly do you expect to get confirmation if no one ever looks at them.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another Junior Member While :hello2: , What did you think of Tim on the show:icon_scratch:. Since Tim is not a member on this site we can talk about him RIGHT Moderator. I see you joined the same time New Age did whats up. ARE YOU TIM

No I'm not Tim. I don't watch the show so I don't have an opinion. You seem to be afraid of him.

You didn't answer my question though. How are you going to have this major dig if your not allowed on the property where the dig is supposed to take place?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it with you Junior Members , Were did I say I was digging on Tim's land. I went out of my way just a few post back to say all of the sites we plan to do digs at this spring ARE NOT INSIDE THE CASTLE WALLS . Tims land is inside the castle walls. So I don't need his land . As of Jan 1st I said I was done posting new info about this site, just for this reason. Thank You
No I'm not Tim. I don't watch the show so I don't have an opinion. You seem to be afraid of him.

You didn't answer my question though. How are you going to have this major dig if your not allowed on the property where the dig is supposed to take place?

Last edited:

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Just took the last 3 days to read this entire thread. Quite entertaining. Thanks to all participants. Has made my work shifts go by somewhat faster.

In the states we have aerial photographs that date back as far as the 1920's. HistoricAerials.com has been an absolutely invaluable resource for me and others.
So my question is what are the earliest known aerial photographs of that property, city, area etc that could show even what that property looked like 50,60,70 years ago from the sky? Would be interesting to see if there was just an old barn there or sheep pens, etc.
Best of luck in your endeavors, I hope you find something neat there regardless of age.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
norumbegacastlekingdom2.jpg

This was taken from Joan's Hopes web site at http://www.thelibraryofhope.com/acastleinnovascotia.htm
The words Holy Well are marked in red

Just took the last 3 days to read this entire thread. Quite entertaining. Thanks to all participants. Has made my work shifts go by somewhat faster.

In the states we have aerial photographs that date back as far as the 1920's. HistoricAerials.com has been an absolutely invaluable resource for me and others.
So my question is what are the earliest known aerial photographs of that property, city, area etc that could show even what that property looked like 50,60,70 years ago from the sky? Would be interesting to see if there was just an old barn there or sheep pens, etc.
Best of luck in your endeavors, I hope you find something neat there regardless of age.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gov, has turned down everything found at this site for 50 yrs and why stop now.

Maybe that's because nothing significant has been shown them in the past 50 years. Not by Harris, and not by you.

No they want more than cut stones, key stones, etc...

You don't have cut stones, and you don't have key stones. I'm sure they might be interested in seeing that quantity of key stones that you claim to have, but you don't have key stones. To 'Heritage' you're just some guy with a ridiculous story who keeps sending them pictures of funny shaped rocks. If you want them to take you seriously, you need to build some credibility.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

This may not be what your looking for but here's some links that may help you.

First some aerial photos of Oak Island taken in 1931. There are also some other places look to the right.

https://novascotia.ca/archives/mccully/archives.asp?ID=119

Here's some old maps of Nova Scotia

https://novascotia.ca/archives/maps/

I hope you can make this one out. Its a A F Church map of Lunenburg County dated 1883. These Church maps are great and very accurate. I have used them for years to find old farms and homesteads. Its surprising how you can still find some of these places. In this map find New Ross and at the crossroads you will see the Episcopal Church and S Walker buildings. The castle should be between the two but there's nothing there.

Lunenburg County Nova Scotia.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need some evidence and since they have already sent professionals out to the Joan Harris site and they dismissed it.You are going to need overwhelming evidence to get them to come back out.

I certainly hope you didn't include those 2 photos of small retaining walls from the area in your CD of evidence and say they were cut stones from a castle.If you did your credibility may not be redeemable with Heritage,making your task of getting them on one of your sites even harder.If you used ley lines and dowsing as part of your evidence.Forget it you will have to find a castle fully intact with a Templar cross painted on the draw bridge before they take notice.

It is not that uncommon for a castle to be discovered.I posted pictures of a recent one and it's remains actually survived a prison being built over top of it.Your site was totally wiped out by a guy just removing the big rocks.This doesn't add up.

I guess none of this matters since you wont be digging at the castle site anymore.Maybe the Laginas will come in and dig things up.They have more then enough money to buy out the landowner and seem to be on the good side of the government.

I will offer one piece of advice that you would be very wise to follow.If you are operating under a mining permit.
Make sure you follow whatever safety regulations Nova Scotia has issued.
They will be watching you and if it is anything like MSHA in the US you can get fined for really petty violations.

I started to look into Canadian mining regulations and quickly got bored except to learn they are mostly left to the providences.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Vikings and the Templars were the first ones here and when they found gold nuggets laying on the ground just like in Ca. and Alaska they could not carry it all so they buried it all over Nova Scotia in piles. This is what we are looking for .[/QUOTE]

This keeps getting better and better. So not only were the Templars in New Ross they were all over Nova Scotia too burying gold in piles no less. Just like Easter bunnies or maybe squirrels.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started to look into Canadian mining regulations and quickly got bored except to learn they are mostly left to the providences.

Yes. With the exception of certain environmental regulations and regulated resources (ie: uranium), natural resources are a provincial jurisdiction.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This keeps getting better and better. So not only were the Templars in New Ross they were all over Nova Scotia too burying gold in piles no less. Just like Easter bunnies or maybe squirrels.

I really wish I hadn't been taking a drink when I read this.
I just got done cleaning iced tea off my laptop.....some came out my nose and some out my mouth.

Also great post about the maps once I regain my composure and quit laughing I intend to check those sites out some more.

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
They need some evidence and since they have already sent professionals out to the Joan Harris site and they dismissed it.You are going to need overwhelming evidence to get them to come back out.

I certainly hope you didn't include those 2 photos of small retaining walls from the area in your CD of evidence and say they were cut stones from a castle.If you did your credibility may not be redeemable with Heritage,making your task of getting them on one of your sites even harder.If you used ley lines and dowsing as part of your evidence.Forget it you will have to find a castle fully intact with a Templar cross painted on the draw bridge before they take notice.

It is not that uncommon for a castle to be discovered.I posted pictures of a recent one and it's remains actually survived a prison being built over top of it.Your site was totally wiped out by a guy just removing the big rocks.This doesn't add up.

I guess none of this matters since you wont be digging at the castle site anymore.Maybe the Laginas will come in and dig things up.They have more then enough money to buy out the landowner and seem to be on the good side of the government.

I will offer one piece of advice that you would be very wise to follow.If you are operating under a mining permit.
Make sure you follow whatever safety regulations Nova Scotia has issued.
They will be watching you and if it is anything like MSHA in the US you can get fined for really petty violations.

Regardless of your position on the theories regarding the New Ross property, the relatively recent history is intertwined with J. Hope's writings. I have read her work and find it interesting. I don't have a conclusion as to the validity of her theories, or anyone else's for that matter, but she addresses some of the issues you question and offers possible explanations and evidence.

Since these ideas are apparently lost on you I can only surmise that you have not read what she offered. Thus, your snarky comments only seem uninformed. For example, she describes how she believed the stones from the castle may have been dispersed and where some of them are today. Is she right? I don't know, but if you want to know what she proposed - read it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Vikings and the Templars were the first ones here and when they found gold nuggets laying on the ground just like in Ca. and Alaska they could not carry it all so they buried it all over Nova Scotia in piles. This is what we are looking for .

Joan's leprechauns.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of your position on the theories regarding the New Ross property, the relatively recent history is intertwined with J. Hope's writings. I have read her work and find it interesting. I don't have a conclusion as to the validity of her theories, or anyone else's for that matter, but she addresses some of the issues you question and offers possible explanations and evidence.

Since these ideas are apparently lost on you I can only surmise that you have not read what she offered. Thus, your snarky comments only seem uninformed. For example, she describes how she believed the stones from the castle may have been dispersed and where some of them are today. Is she right? I don't know, but if you want to know what she proposed - read it.

I have read it. It's nonsense. Actual archaeologists have visited the site, and have not found anything out of the ordinary. All the 'artifacts' that Harris found were nothing, the foundations are nothing, and the stones that FK is chasing are nothing. Harris posits that Celts, Phoenicians, Norse, Scots and English were all here for over a millennia, well before Columbus, and yet no evidence of any of them were found.

As interesting as Harris's writings are (I love her bits on aliens and ghosts and leprechauns), they are nothing but fantasy.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No Thanks.

I have only ever read 2 fiction books
The Da Vinci Code and a Louis L'Amour book about a card sharp.

Didn't Joan also claim in her book they used pillars and a golden dome from her castle in a building in Boston?How did that work out historical wise?

Since I don't believe in little green men,ghosts,alien visitors and the state building in Boston was not built from pillaging a castle in Nova Scotia.I don't see what value there would be in reading her book.

But if you enjoyed A Castle in Nova Scotia that's great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Its time we take a look at some of our members here to see what they are up to. No matter what is said about New Ross they BASH it down, WHY :BangHead:. Its not just what I say but its Joan's work, Eldo , Lokiblossom , Nostra Danis , and many other members that voice their thoughts here. But why are they so set on bashing anything about New Ross. Its time we look at each one and go from their. Lets start with New Age a Junior Member, what can you tell us about your self. What is your name , are you a treasure hunter, what tools of the trade do you use, or are you here just to bash us all. You can PM me some info or are you hiding for some reason. I gave everyone my name and address and I have nothing to hide. So what can you tell us about you. You don't post on other post just here so whats up:dontknow:

No Thanks.

I have only ever read 2 fiction books
The Da Vinci Code and a Louis L'Amour book about a card sharp.

Didn't Joan also claim in her book they used pillars and a golden dome from her castle in a building in Boston?How did that work out historical wise?

Since I don't believe in little green men,ghosts,alien visitors and the state building in Boston was not built from pillaging a castle in Nova Scotia.I don't see what value there would be in reading her book.

But if you enjoyed A Castle in Nova Scotia that's great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Raparee you never did give me your name or info last summer when you wanted to be on site, now would be a good time. Just PM me the info, because I need to check out anyone that wants to help us on site. You didn't think I would forget you to.:occasion14: I am waiting for your PM , Thank You

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pippin , OK your not TIM GREAT I am glad it would suck to be him:occasion18: so can you tell me your name and anything you think we should all know about. After all we are just one big happy family here RIGHT. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread